which commodities have max volatility and liquidity

marcus

Can anyone tell me which commodities have the max volatility of late and good vol, in short I need a list of atleast 10 commodities in my watch list worthwhile trading.

Also between mcx and ncdex which is the better of the two exchanges.

thanks

:)

RSI

Can anyone tell me which commodities have the max volatility of late and good vol, in short I need a list of atleast 10 commodities in my watch list worthwhile trading.

Also between mcx and ncdex which is the better of the two exchanges.

thanks

:)
In commodity space, you can broadly classify them in to agri commodities, metals and energy. You can make further subdivision as well, for eg. metals in to ferrous and non ferrous etc.

Problem with agri commodities is that government is interfering with them too much. If some one raises the inflation cry, governemnt immediately resorts to arm twisting tactics and this will have adverse effect on markets. Metals and energy move as dictated by the trends in U.S. commodity exchanges and LME.

Gold, silver, copper have good volume. Crude oil also has got good volume. As far as their price movements are concerned, what you read in newspaper (for eg. "it rained heavily in XYZ country and hence prices are down" or "some oil workers got in to a strike and hence oil prices shot up" etc.) have nothing to do with their price movements in the exchanges. It is the international funds (with billions of dollars at their disposal) who dictate their price movements. Actually it is other way round. Newspapers are searching for some reasons to explain price movements. This is my opinion. Any other commodity experts of this forum can explain the topic in great detail.
Regards
R. S. Iyer