Which brokers have good research reports?

Hi All,

I am new to investing. I am interested in detailed reports for long term ideas.

Which brokerages provide good quality long term research ideas? I want someone who follows up with each idea...not someone who only provide buy reports but don't follow up.

Best research report is research created by own, you will get lot of research report provider but most of them are bias.
I will suggest you not to depend on others, start studying. You will find many undervalue shares all the time though market at 10,000 or at 20,000. So take guidance and start doing analysis

amanfree

indiabulls, motilaloswal

rvm123

don't depend on anybody's report. go for the companies which shows consistant increase in profits over 5 or 6 quarters; lesser p/e ratio; good book value; good dividend payment over 5 to 6 years; remove effect of extra-ordinary items if any. such companies may be selected and invested. At least 80% of such selection will show profits in the long run

See it is established fact to do own research and invest, also information is freely available u just need to develope analysis skills and keep reading and learning but during this process you need to read reports from various advisory firmst through most are biased but atleast give some feed to your mind. Out of this i found the most unbiased reports and i am a paid subsciber is
www dot equitymaster dot com They have various angles and good articles for a basic investor like me based on it you can build your own underestanding and advance research.

Give me if your email id if you need some sample reports, Also you can find sample reports from various fund houses
And mind you researching for investment is different from trading..

alroyraj

Generally Motilal Oswal is recognised for its superior fundamental research reports.It fact the Relationship manager gets a small booklet of 200 pages where the companies financials are valued .Sharekhan is also recognised for its decent calls but since many companies are covered the accuracy is okay not as good as Motilal.
Few points have to be remembered.
1. The research coverage of different companies is different say Motilal covers 166 companies.So to 'discover' companies for your own analysis, you can benefit from different brokerage's reports. Some like Angel,IIFL,Emkay have better coverage of small and midcap stocks which is hard to find in ICICCI and HDFC.
2. Some brokerage are more focussed on long term calls,others on intraday ,and others a mix of both. So targets given depend on the orientation of the broker in other words the time duration,sometimes it can be a few months to 1 and a half year.
eg. Motilal,Sharekhan,ICICI,HDFC ,Edel ,PINC on long term, IIFL,Angel,Emkay on a mix .

Learning to do your own research is one thing but some companies research calls are plain sub standard. eg Kotak,Indiabulls.
Equity researchers come at a price has so it is a talent issue.

Generally Motilal Oswal is recognised for its superior fundamental research reports.It fact the Relationship manager gets a small booklet of 200 pages where the companies financials are valued .Sharekhan is also recognised for its decent calls but since many companies are covered the accuracy is okay not as good as Motilal.
Few points have to be remembered.
1. The research coverage of different companies is different say Motilal covers 166 companies.So to 'discover' companies for your own analysis, you can benefit from different brokerage's reports. Some like Angel,IIFL,Emkay have better coverage of small and midcap stocks which is hard to find in ICICCI and HDFC.
2. Some brokerage are more focussed on long term calls,others on intraday ,and others a mix of both. So targets given depend on the orientation of the broker in other words the time duration,sometimes it can be a few months to 1 and a half year.
eg. Motilal,Sharekhan,ICICI,HDFC ,Edel ,PINC on long term, IIFL,Angel,Emkay on a mix .

Learning to do your own research is one thing but some companies research calls are plain sub standard. eg Kotak,Indiabulls.
Equity researchers come at a price has so it is a talent issue.
Can u please share with brokers are focused or good on intraday calls among all?

brokers like Zerodha and ICICI Direct are known for providing comprehensive research reports and analysis to assist investors in making informed decisions.