Which brokerage in MIS(intra) give highest selling power in index option ?

Tejas Khoday

Co-Founder & CEO, FYERS
Hey @stoch_guy,

As we head into the General Elections in April/May 2019, the regulator and NSE have increased the margins required to trade in derivatives. You can get more details here. Basically, we're preparing for the worst! Just take a look at the PE ratio of Bank Nifty! It's unbelievably high at 54+. During such times, volatility can go up quite a lot as has been seen in previous elections (See this chart). On 18th May 2009, NIFTY hit an upper circuit 2 times in a single day and ended 20% higher than the previous close (See this chart). Imagine what could happen to brokers & traders who have exposure to derivatives with high leverage this time around. One cannot withstand volatility with highly leveraged positions. It can do more harm than good.

Secondly, as you rightly pointed out the word on the street is that SEBI wants to gradually reduce leverage in the system. They are slowly taking steps in that direction in my opinion. This is the impression I get when we study their circulars from time to time. As a broker, I strongly suggest that you don't overemphasize leverage! The lure is big but dealing with it is another beast. It's like that Motilal Oswal Ad, Wherein the guys get flung around by the bull. :) For more information about the leverage provided by us, please refer to our Margin Calculators.

Disclaimer: We do provide leverage to stay competitive in the market. We are prudent in risk management and we handle leverage with great care. My post may be biased to support our business practices and I encourage the readers to make informed choices.

Wisdom Capital

After new rules by SEBI, selling power has come down. Which current broker offer more than 7x power to sell in intra for bank nifty and nifty options ?
We are offering upto 15 times intraday leverage for selling/writing Nifty & Bank Nifty Options, for professional/active traders. Product name is Ultimate +++

For More details you can call our Toll Free Nos :

1800-123-9343

1800-3000-5048

Otherwise You can try me at 8130-799-722

Regards

Last edited:
Hey @stoch_guy,

As we head into the General Elections in April/May 2019, the regulator and NSE have increased the margins required to trade in derivatives. You can get more details here. Basically, we're preparing for the worst! Just take a look at the PE ratio of Bank Nifty! It's unbelievably high at 54+. During such times, volatility can go up quite a lot as has been seen in previous elections (See this chart). On 18th May 2009, NIFTY hit an upper circuit 2 times in a single day and ended 20% higher than the previous close (See this chart). Imagine what could happen to brokers & traders who have exposure to derivatives with high leverage this time around. One cannot withstand volatility with highly leveraged positions. It can do more harm than good.

Secondly, as you rightly pointed out the word on the street is that SEBI wants to gradually reduce leverage in the system. They are slowly taking steps in that direction in my opinion. This is the impression I get when we study their circulars from time to time. As a broker, I strongly suggest that you don't overemphasize leverage! The lure is big but dealing with it is another beast. It's like that Motilal Oswal Ad, Wherein the guys get flung around by the bull. :) For more information about the leverage provided by us, please refer to our Margin Calculators.

Disclaimer: We do provide leverage to stay competitive in the market. We are prudent in risk management and we handle leverage with great care. My post may be biased to support our business practices and I encourage the readers to make informed choices.
In such scenraio like 2009, one can never enter or take MIS trade. MIS trade for trader is boon because they have strict losses. The power of selling with hedge is a good strategy done in intraday. The biggest advancement is one is no longer required to worry about a gap down or gap up or recession or anything. Broker should think and design this MIS trade for high volume trade like Upstox did it but now reduced a little.

We are offering upto 15 times intraday leverage for selling/writing Nifty & Bank Nifty Options, for professional/active traders. Product name is Ultimate +++

For More details you can call our Toll Free Nos :

1800-123-9343

1800-3000-5048

Otherwise You can try me at 8130-799-722

Regards
Let me check

Hey @Tejas Khoday is this the reason why only small brokers are providing higher intraday leverage?:

"The position limits of Trading members / FPIs (Category I & II) / Mutual Funds in equity index option contracts is higher of Rs.500 crores or 15% of the total open interest in the market in equity index option contracts. This limit would be applicable on open positions in all option contracts on a particular underlying index. "

The best is AsthaTrade. Just for 2500 - Can sell BN Option/Future. This is the best available in market now. I have trading account in 5 brokerages and I can assure that Astha Trade is best though their trading app and web UI not good.

PM me for more information or referral.