When Start Where Now

Riskyman

when ours physical health not good, we never waste a moment.. contrary we run to doctor and say everything and get help. similarly trading too . if we lost or not in good shape i guess nothing wrong in saying to others and get help . Forum like this mainly for that. I request , if you have time please drop two lines abt your status. further success stories too helpful to get a boast..

Very well said. I'm a bit sick this morning i.e flu, body ache etc i.e all physical. I went to a doctor and got some medicines. How many times did you go to a mind doctor when trading was not going so well for you?

Trading is not a physical effort. Its a mental effort. When you were failing in trading i.e failing in your mental effort, did you ever see an appropriate doctor to help you? You see, forum members are not doctors, unless they have some qualifications or some certifications. At best, all they can do is give you some well intended free advice like im giving you now.

What are you going to do with anybody's success stories? If i eat food, will it fill your stomach? You have to eat to survive right? Similarly, why not find out what works for you instead of taking trouble to find out what works for others?

I do not judge anyone on the basis of their posts here. Apologies if you find my post rude/arrogant. Its not intended to be that way.

Very well said. I'm a bit sick this morning i.e flu, body ache etc i.e all physical. I went to a doctor and got some medicines. How many times did you go to a mind doctor when trading was not going so well for you?

Trading is not a physical effort. Its a mental effort. When you were failing in trading i.e failing in your mental effort, did you ever see an appropriate doctor to help you? You see, forum members are not doctors, unless they have some qualifications or some certifications. At best, all they can do is give you some well intended free advice like im giving you now.

What are you going to do with anybody's success stories? If i eat food, will it fill your stomach? You have to eat to survive right? Similarly, why not find out what works for you instead of taking trouble to find out what works for others?

I do not judge anyone on the basis of their posts here. Apologies if you find my post rude/arrogant. Its not intended to be that way.
sir.. there are doctors here for sure . they will help . for that our sickness must be told .

second if am searching food in a forest and unsure whether food is available and meeting a person saying he just took food will make great impact on my psychology ? is in it ? if u go on seeing only hungry persons everywhere then getting out from forest as early as possible is a wise decision ..

no sir .. you are not all rude ..when intention is to help others the question of rude does not exist ..

Riskyman

sir.. there are doctors here for sure . they will help . for that our sickness must be told .

second if am searching food in a forest and unsure whether food is available and meeting a person saying he just took food will make great impact on my psychology ? is in it ? if u go on seeing only hungry persons everywhere then getting out from forest as early as possible is a wise decision ..

no sir .. you are not all rude ..when intention is to help others the question of rude does not exist ..
My brother... You know your sickness very well already. No doctor here can help you if you are not willing to take your medicines on time.

Secondly... My point is simple i.e someone else eating food doesnt fill your stomach.... whether or not someone else finds food in the forest, wont you look for food when you are hungry? Or will you stop looking for food if other have not found it? Maybe you have been looking for food in a desert which you thought was a forest.

You can grow your own food. Care well for your soil. Sow the right seeds in the right season. Wait patiently. While reaping your harvest, save some seeds for the next season".
How you do all this is your headache:)

Good luck my friend!

Last edited:
Hello trader, first thing that you must do in such a situation is to take a break and spend some time introspecting where you are going wrong. Is it the wrong segment ? Is your strategy not right ? Are you not able to identify entry or exit points ? Are you not able to read the markets effectively ? Are you fully aware ? Or something else?

The pressure of converting your losses to profits is completely understandable . But what you must make sure now is that you have to stop making those mistakes which are only mounting your losses.

So , re-frame your trading strategy , risk less capital , make small trades and less often to analyse your trades better.

Hello trader, first thing that you must do in such a situation is to take a break and spend some time introspecting where you are going wrong. Is it the wrong segment ? Is your strategy not right ? Are you not able to identify entry or exit points ? Are you not able to read the markets effectively ? Are you fully aware ? Or something else?

The pressure of converting your losses to profits is completely understandable . But what you must make sure now is that you have to stop making those mistakes which are only mounting your losses.

So , re-frame your trading strategy , risk less capital , make small trades and less often to analyse your trades better.
kindly read the title of the thread and please post your comments accordingly ..

I agree. It is better to use money efficiently rather than getting losses in trading.
but people are too much shy to say about the losses .. what the big deal ?.. if loss means then loss.. infarct trading is a best place where u can easily restart with small amount and recover every thing .. in other business once lost mostly the game is over once for all .

my point is be humble and discuss abt the problem .. else problem never be solved

sumosanammain

Dear Friends ,

Just to have a general view and trying to capture our current status .

I started in 2004/2005 .. and still in loss. yet to recover and bring my account to green ( Means if we count the money from day one ). for time being we can set aside the interest lost etc . A honest approach will help every one to get a reality .
Thx
Late reply, just saw this thread.
Started in February 1991, before the Harshad Mehta Scam. Been to his offices at Growmore, as my friend's father, the then President of the BSE was partners with Harshad Mehta. Made blind money at that time, as the only way the market went was up, up and then up some more. And again some more. The bhav copy in physical format used to be available at Dalal Street newspaper vendors around 6 pm, and you got to know the prices of your holdings through that, if you didnt want to wait for the next days newspapers. Your broker would throw you out if you called too many times or asked rates too many times. At that time, you had to exert influence on the Broker to take your account, as everything was manual, and required staff.

The spreads were like, to buy, you were given the high of the day, and to sell you were given the low for the day.

Then came the scam, all hell broke loose, and because of my friend, I was also paid a visit by CBI officials, as they suspected that my account was benami, and no such person by my Fathers or Mothers name was present at the address on the Contract notes. They went away from our door itself, after verifying that indeed we do exist in reality and were not ficticious people.

Then Came the electronic markets of the NSE. It was like I was in heaven as rates used to flash on screen, and we could transact at prices available. This led to my giving away all my gains, in the next few years, before I realised that I needed a systematic way to make money.

Late reply, just saw this thread.
Started in February 1991, before the Harshad Mehta Scam. Been to his offices at Growmore, as my friend's father, the then President of the BSE was partners with Harshad Mehta. Made blind money at that time, as the only way the market went was up, up and then up some more. And again some more. The bhav copy in physical format used to be available at Dalal Street newspaper vendors around 6 pm, and you got to know the prices of your holdings through that, if you didnt want to wait for the next days newspapers. Your broker would throw you out if you called too many times or asked rates too many times. At that time, you had to exert influence on the Broker to take your account, as everything was manual, and required staff.

The spreads were like, to buy, you were given the high of the day, and to sell you were given the low for the day.

Then came the scam, all hell broke loose, and because of my friend, I was also paid a visit by CBI officials, as they suspected that my account was benami, and no such person by my Fathers or Mothers name was present at the address on the Contract notes. They went away from our door itself, after verifying that indeed we do exist in reality and were not ficticious people.

Then Came the electronic markets of the NSE. It was like I was in heaven as rates used to flash on screen, and we could transact at prices available. This led to my giving away all my gains, in the next few years, before I realised that I needed a systematic way to make money.
Dude would like differ with u .. i have not gone through your all post/majority of posts in other threads ..
but what ever post from your end which happened to read by me seems like beating around the bush .. not to the point ..
here too u have not said when u r account became green .. still people including me waiting for clue abt u r system development / a sample mechanical trading system ..
sorry.. dont take it otherwise .. iam poor in keeping my thoughts with me ..