When most others oppose a very strong conviction of yours

It’s true that not everyone will understand your point of view but it’s also true that sometimes, you don’t get what they are trying to tell you. If you know what you are doing, you can keep doing it without really worrying about the results. You will either make a loss or learn a new lesson.

Try to find logic and reason to back up your decisions in every situation. I am sure even Steve Jobs and Elon Musk have also had some logic behind their unconventional decisions. So we must do the same to get good results in the end.

Most of my colleagues who are into trading, most of the time oppose me when I propose to invest in a new starter company now. I do have enough knowledge and the skills to identify future multibaggers. It is a golden opportunity to identify potential multibaggers and invest in them when their shares are low cost. But many of my friends want no risk, they would rather spend thousands to invest in already established companies.

When you are doing something, you will probably face contradictions from people who don’t understand your point of view. But it doesn’t make it any less effective. It’s you who has to stand up for your decision and see how you wish to proceed further. But just don’t get greedy along the way because this will dig a hole for you and you will give a reason to people to criticise you even more.

Greed can change your thought process taking you downwards to financial doom. Acting upon controlling risk and just hoping things will change are two different things. You need to make it work. Follow your own strategy and style of trading. Only you know exactly how you will achieve profit.

It is not important that your mindset resides with others. Sometimes it is 6 for us and 9 for others. If you have done your research and are fully confident then go ahead.

Well, if you strongly believe in yourself go for it. When Steve Jobs, Rockefeller, Elon Musk, and Humphry Davy tried to present their ideas to some people, they were ridiculed and called as ‘crazy’ because it is a common human nature to always oppose what is against the normal customs and norms of the society. If you have enough expertise, knowledge, and research analysis in a particular company, in stocks, and your decision is not understood by other people because of their lack of knowledge, then hold your opinion strongly.

You don’t have to change your decisions as a trader every time you face an opposition. If it justifies your strategy, trading goals and moreover sounds logical to you, then you can proceed. You will get to learn something new only when you do things in your own way and not when you blindly follow others.