what will happen if my broker buisness fails

I am trading equity using a well known brokers. But if their business fail then what will happen to my stocks. stocks i heard is in CDSL or NSDL.
but if the broker link is not there then how will i get my stocks back?

regards,
kumar

Einstein

Even I am scared of 'power of attorney' they made every trader sign at the beginning.

I have an account in sharekahn, then I switched to zerodha, they don't offer cash buying. but after showing my balance, they agreed to link my demat account of sharekhan. so now my demat account is linked with multiple brokers and both have 'power of attorney' from me.

Thanks all for replying.
eistein thanks for informing that you can have single demat but you can trade that using multiple brokers.

And one response to pakatil for his absurd reply
The Q does not befit a person with 10+ Yrs of Trading experience.
Mr pakatil, you are eating since your days in nappie but do you think you know all about eating. Think well before you answer. and if you don't know then better keep your mouth shut than show how hollow you are.
Yes i have 10 yrs of trading experience, but i have that in trading and not in useless things like where is NSE building or what time SEBI chief wake up.I think you consider this also trading.

praveen98

I am trading equity using a well known brokers. But if their business fail then what will happen to my stocks. stocks i heard is in CDSL or NSDL.
but if the broker link is not there then how will i get my stocks back?

regards,
kumar
Hi Kumar,
Your stocks will be safe with a Depository Participant...which is a third party,but we should worry more about our money with the broker,when their business fails...
All the Best,
praveen:)