What will happen if intraday HOLY GRAIL......

iTrade

We all know that there is nothing like holy grail in intraday trading. But, lets assume, that someone here on traderji posts some strategy which has good success rate and good money management builtin and has been proven to work in all kinds of market.... Then what if we all start using this strategy ?

It is an hypothetical question and situation, but will that strategy continue to give returns if all or major community members of intraday trading start using it?

megapixel

We all know that there is nothing like holy grail in intraday trading. But, lets assume, that someone here on traderji posts some strategy which has good success rate and good money management builtin and has been proven to work in all kinds of market.... Then what if we all start using this strategy ?

It is an hypothetical question and situation, but will that strategy continue to give returns if all or major community members of intraday trading start using it?
there are lakhs of traders outside the forum ...kuch farak nehi hota.

stock72

u mean posting here will make difference... ?
i know religions havng no meaning and all concept about GOD we invented is completely wrong and as such we are not going to understand what GOD means . It happend never and will happen ever. but who will agree. like wise even if u post holy grails many will question that and for your supprise even many in this forum itself will not follow ....

oops! Do you mean posting holy grail here won't make a difference. Interesting. Obviosuly it is a hypothetical situation, so every answer is accepted :)

Even if someone posts a "Holy Grail " here, not many will trade it. Very few will be successful with it as the system may not be in tune with their mindsets.Out of the people who start trading.....most will stop once the system hits 3 consecutive stops, thinking damn....something wrong with the logic of this method....and XYZ method traded by someone else is better it has given so many points....so he starts backtests, papertrades of that new XYZ system till it has the same fate as our " Holy Grail" method. This is a continuous process.....:D

Add to this is a fact that the markets change and the methods also need changes . Changing the method needs market knowledge .That makes things more complicated.....:D

Smart_trade

iTrade

Even if someone posts a "Holy Grail " here, not many will trade it. Very few will be successful with it as the system may not be in tune with their mindsets.Out of the people who start trading.....most will stop once the system hits 3 consecutive stops, thinking damn....something wrong with the logic of this method....and XYZ method traded by someone else is better it has given so many points....so he starts backtests, papertrades of that new XYZ system till it has the same fate as our " Holy Grail" method. This is a continuous process.....:D

Add to this is a fact that the markets change and the methods also need changes . Changing the method needs market knowledge .That makes things more complicated.....:D

Smart_trade

I don't know if it is funny or what but we all are talking about what people will think and how skeptical they will be about the strategy. Although I said that the supposed to be"holy grail" strategy will work in all markets, our minds are still filled up with so many questions.
All of you are true. Psychology is a BIG problem here rather than the trading strategy. So even a holy grail will be neglected. That pops up one more question... if nothing would work even if it told that it would work, then why are we all wasting time in trading? Are we just trying to satisfy our intraday addiction here? I am a net net money loser as well but I keep trying n trying just like most of us here..

pakatil

Forget abt the great thinking abilities of each individual, try to realise the basics. You need two opp views ie buying and selling for a trade to happen. With holy grail every one will be on same side.......either buyers or sellers.

isn't it.....:D

Forget abt the great thinking abilities of each individual, try to realise the basics. You need two opp views ie buying and selling for a trade to happen. With holy grail every one will be on same side.......either buyers or sellers.

isn't it.....:D
This is exactly what i was thinking :thumb: