What will happen if intraday HOLY GRAIL......

That pops up one more question... if nothing would work even if it told that it would work, then why are we all wasting time in trading? Are we just trying to satisfy our intraday addiction here? I am a net net money loser as well but I keep trying n trying just like most of us here..
I never said that nothing works in the market and daytraders are trading just to satisfy their intraday addictions.....far from it.

There are very good and profitable daytraders and they trade for serious money and as a serious career but their number is far too low....they already have their systems , they have faith on their systems and they know when and how to incorporate changes in their systems.....and they daytrade as a business....not to satisfy any addiction. That sets them apart from the many others who trade for timepass, proving their own worth to peer group,thrills, on tips given by friends, for easy and fast money etc.

Smart_trade

iTrade

I never said that nothing works in the market and daytraders are trading just to satisfy their intraday addictions.....far from it.

There are very good and profitable daytraders and they trade for serious money and as a serious career but their number is far too low....they already have their systems , they have faith on their systems and they know when and how to incorporate changes in their systems.....and they daytrade as a business....not to satisfy any addiction. That sets them apart from the many others who trade for timepass, proving their own worth to peer group,thrills, on tips given by friends, for easy and fast money etc.

Smart_trade
oops again! Didn't mean to comment negatively on your post Sir. I know you are a senior member here...and infact I have posted this question sometime back that is anyone really making money here in intraday and very few dare to come forward for obvious reasons and it is their right to do so as they must gone thru huge losses to reach where they are now..

Anyways, it makes sense that we need two pulling forces for stocks to move...so obviously a holy grail will stopout the market.

bpr

Gunsal very good question. Exact same question was on my mind sometime back.:thumb:

Here is my take on it.

Any trading system is as good as its creator.
And I believe mechanical systems are myth.
A pure mechanical system fails after some days/months everybody has experienced it. The true creator will be able to modify it and continue its journey and while all others will be left behind.
That's why I believe no matter what each system must have some subjectivity in it.

And as a holy grail system which works in every market it must have some subjectivity.The moment we have subjectivity in it then everybody's performance will be different.
Now lets assume that the holy grail system is pure mechanical system i.e everybody can copy the system without much difference.

Then no matter what there will be execution difference.The way everybody manages their entry, exit TP , SL will be different.
Even if everybody put buy order all at once no two trades will happen at the same instant.
Now lets assume that there is no execution difference.

Then the market will adjust.
No matter how good the system is it can address only a finite combination.
The market has infinite combination.Without subjectivity we can not cover the infinite combination that the market has to offer.

One study showed the so called Turtle trading system suddenly become unprofitable after it became popular back in 90s.

Last edited:

iTrade

"One study showed the so called Turtle trading system suddenly become unprofitable after it became popular back in 90s."

That explains all. so the holy grail would stop working actually :) .... I thought that the old turtle theory still works but I never tried out. I guess in this fast world with desires to make money faster, I don't have patience to wait for 50SMA and 200SMA crossovers and etc :)