What is your Operating System?

What is your Operating sydtem?

• Total voters

murthymsr

Hello Murthygaru,

I am online user and use odin diet 7.12 , I am associated with two broking firms religare premierglobal they both use odin , so I am not able to excess both my ids at a time.

One solution I found was to use to operating system simultanously by using "vmware" but it is not working.

So can you please help me out of this problem.

with regard
Ashu
dear ashu,

i am afraid, i may not be able to provide clarification to your query. but, i am sure that some other knowledgeable member will be able to respond to your query.

murthymsr

vasa1

Thanks for running this poll!

Re. OS:

1 Win XP (borrowed) ;) as OS and OpenOffice 2.3 (for day-to-day work).

2 I also have Ubuntu 7.10 (dual-boot) but haven't started using it for internet purposes since I only have a dial-up till now and there's no driver for my Winmodem (D-link!):(.

Please consider the browser as well! Some sites work only if you use IE which is claimed to be less secure.

The ICICI Prudential "PruTracker" site requires that you turn on ActiveX available only with IE, another known hazard, if you want to buy or sell MF units at their site.

The Axis Bank site (for online transactions) crashes after some time with Opera. So does Geojit's online trading platform.

Though I don't like IE 6, Geojit's site seems to work better with this old browser than with the latest Firefox (vers. 3 beta).

Thanks again

Last edited:

vasa1

Slackware Linux 12.1 and Windows XP sp3.

Slackware - Primary
XP - Trading only
You mention "XP - Trading only". Why? Is it because you are required to access the broker through software run specifically on Windows?

Have you also encountered sites that work only via Windows + Internet Explorer?

You mention "XP - Trading only". Why? Is it because you are required to access the broker through software run specifically on Windows?

Have you also encountered sites that work only via Windows + Internet Explorer?
Yes, The software (race pro (tradeanywhere), odin diet) is Windows only, and the brokers' website are "Internet Explorer" only sites. Reliancemoney, Religareonline.. you can't trade with them using any other browser (except opera in easytrade, and religare won't work without IE).

I hope the situation will be better after Internet Explorer 8 is release as it will be "standard compliant" like other browsers.

www.twonahalf.com is a Internet explorer only site.

I use windows XP professional.. but depending on microsofts plan for XP, I am thinking about trasiting to Vista professional.

Happy Trading
be sure before transfer 2 vista pro
as some platform donch work on vista
i faced this prob once n changed 2 xp s3
then things became smooth my end:)