What is your Operating System?

What is your Operating sydtem?

• Total voters

columbus

What I've noticed is that sometimes threads without any new post suddenly pop up as "unread". This is one of them. Perhaps Columbus took a look recently and then posted :D.
If a option is exercised in attached Poll then it is marked as UNREAD.

murthymsr

Hi Ashish

Options to this poll cannot be changed now.

Now I feel this poll should have been set to close say, after one year.

The purpose of this poll at that time was to serve as a guide to SW developers as to on which OS's they may tesy their Sw before final release.

You may start a new thread, this time with a poll that closes in say max one year, but ensure that you include all possible OS in use & in developmental stage.

Thanks for your interest.
murthymsr

susheel04

i suggest VB & XP reason is simple

more users can give a try to open source project

VB is simple to learn and basic=Beginner's All-purpose Symbolic Instruction Code

Java will filter many users in the forum

most of the indian brokers use tradeanywhere (asiancerc)back end platform of java but that doesn't mean that we have to code only in java there are many other software like odin/metatrader/metastock wch was coded in c++.

most of indian EOD downloaders are made in VB/c# examples are found in this forum it self.

for every community development we do require more hands

Dear all,

Before designing any software, the developer will have to decide on the supported OS's and other installed software. he may be able to choose the software design so that all or as many operating systems as possible are supported. while the later operating systems/software provide more features, the earlier versions may still have to be supported in view of the suffiecient no of systems in use. in order to have a good trade-off, knowledge of the user's operating system will be helpful.

to get the reasonably fair idea of the population of OS's among the members, this poll is created. all may participate with relevant information.

you may expect to have a few more polls on other system information very soon.

if you have more than one system with different OS's, the more frequently used one or the older version of OS may be selected.

you may also make a post with information which you may feel relevant.

all the best.
MurthyMSR
Windows 7, i do have linux also
64 bit

vijkris

Learner and Follower
I have XP3 on Desktop n Win 7 on Lappy...Original nahi hai :(

how much does it cost?
xp was inbuilt in netbook.
desktop me local repair wala ne galti se 300rs me original dal diya.:rofl: i know it is original bcos i upgraded it freely to win 10 and it accepted.
once win10 was installed, it saved my hardware id to microsoft. thus no need of license key.
next i formatted re installed win 7 in one partition and win 10 in another partition. now both originals working side by side, :lol:

xp was inbuilt in netbook.
desktop me local repair wala ne galti se 300rs me original dal diya.:rofl: i know it is original bcos i upgraded it freely to win 10 and it accepted.
once win10 was installed, it saved my hardware id to microsoft. thus no need of license key.
next i formatted re installed win 7 in one partition and win 10 in another partition. now both originals working side by side, :lol:
Any pirated win 8 will upgrade to win 10 freely. Don't know why but I had done it on my friend's laptop. :lol: