What is the mininum brokerage I can get in sharekhan?

Hi,

Currently my brokerage in sharekhan is too high but I am negotiating with them.
I can put good margin(7-10 lcas) to get good brokerage.
Please let me know what is the minimum I can get from them wrt. Intraday trading.

Please reply,
EC

Hi,

Please let me know what is the minimum I can get from them wrt. Intraday trading.

Please reply,
EC
Well I trade with Sharekhan and after being associated with it for last 2 years and a pretty decent turnover on an Intraday basis they are charging 1 paisa brokerage for Futures & Commodities. For Equity they are somehow very rigid and not showing flexibility and still charging 2 paise. Though I trade mostly in Futures so 2 paise in Equity doesn't affect me lot. I know that there is still scope of bargaining left with them . :D . This is because I have come to know that some people can get 0.005 too , provided their turnover is exemplary. If one trades a lot in Equities then bargaining is possible.

:thumb:

Hi,

Please reply,
EC
Minimum that you can get from a ShareKhan franchise is 1 paise. (i.e. 1000 per 1 crore turnover). For lesser brokerage than this you will have to approach their Main branch, then too its difficult.

I know this because i had a talk with one of the Senior members at Sharekhan mumbai regarding this issue. I mostly trade commodities & have been paying a four figure brokerage each day (I have 1 paisa plan) so when i approached my local branch they were absolutely clear about not going below 1 paisa as it would mean they incur loss. The main branch people may offer you .7 paisa on promise of high turnover, but that is there limit i guess in commodities as they are not a clearing member at MCX.

This makes me wonder how are firms like Zerodha, RKSV etc. provide such low brokerage options. Still waiting to understand what the catch is with these brokers :D

Thanks for the reply.

I recently opened account with zerodha also and want to ask you guys about zerodha trader vs NSE now.
They said that I can use only 1 of them and currently they added me in zerodha trader but I think from a trading prospective, NSE NOW is better.

can any body clear my doubt?
Thanks,
EC

MANISH_DAMANI

hi I also have account with sharekhan. Even my volume is also very high. But they do drama on brokerage front. Because of that I opened account with Rkglobal. And saving rs 50000 and above per month on brokerage front.Service is nice. Zerodha will be better if you trade more than 3 lots or above but dont know about service. Further you decide if you trade above 3 lots then .......... your decision.

Algo

I believe for Algo Traders ShareKhan is offering attractive terms..I was given very attractive terms since i wanted to automate my strategies for clients.