What is the highest, lowest and average yearly return for mutual funds?

I am contemplating to invest in mutual fund but before doing that can you tell me what is the highest,lowest and average yearly return (in percentage) for mutual fund.

Lets consider three scenario

a)Highest: I got lucky and selected the highest return(yr) mutual fund
b)Lowest: I got unlucky selected the lowest return(yr) mutual fund
c)Average: some average returning mutual fund

what will be my returns in a year for these scenarios

Can anyone with a good knowledge of mutual fund help me? I know the profit and loss are unlimited but in real world there is always a number and i am looking for that number

deadbrain

Go to moneycontol mutual fund section. You will get all your answees their including historical data, best worst performers, their portfolios etc.

TradeJoker

Most importantly learn about exit/entry loads and other hidden charges before ingesting, from the profit they will cut 20% for some yearly changes too

deadbrain

Most importantly learn about exit/entry loads and other hidden charges before ingesting, from the profit they will cut 20% for some yearly changes too
As I am aware that holds true for ULIPs and not mutual funds.

hello,
Five mutual fund schemes which have returned an average of 20% every year :
Reliance Growth Fund:
AUM(cr):5405
1 year return(%):23.4
3 year return:25.04
Franklin India Blue Chip Fund:
AUM(cr) : 6479
1 year return(%):21.2
3 year return:21.6
HDFC Equity:
AUM(cr) :17808
1 year return(%):11.8
3 year return:23.7
Birla Sun Life Advantage Fund : 463
1 year return(%):26.2
3 year return:30.5
Franklin India Prima Fund:3625
1 year return(%):38.5
3 year return:37.2
TRY these..:)

It is quite obvious that one should have a proper idea about the yearly return of ICICI Pru MF. Now coming to the main concerned of an individual, the highest, lowest and average yearly return of the mutual fund are as 72%, -24% and 20% respectively in approximation.

how is CAGR calculated?

Is it like if am expecting 12% return per year then after 5 year my total rate of interest should be 12%*5 years = 60%?? is that what i should expect? i think thats not possible?But i read somewhere its calculated that way only.

Or i should say if i am saying 12% return am getting on my mutual fund then it should remain showing me total returns 12% every year no matter what? that means every year its yielding me 12% profit?? but now again the profit stays there I am not taking it out.

So can someone clarify? if i stay invested and say I have invested 20 thousand for 5 years so if in 1st year it showed me 12% return and at the end of 5 years the itnerest is 12 % what is my actual profit?

Thanks in advance.