What is the difference between 'Investment' and 'Max trade' in sharekhan ?

josefjohny

The silent reader
Hi All,

Newbie here and just starting out on trading. I would like to know the difference between 'Investment' and 'Max trade' in sharekhan ? Thanks for being helpful.

Josef

josefjohny

The silent reader
Looks like this is what it is. Found on the internet. Thought it might help others. Would like a confirmation from the Veterans though.

'Buy Max or Sell Max is for intraday trades with less margin money...Not for positional trades...Please take care...system will wind up your positions without giving you chance to modify or book profits after 3:15pm if you have any open positions. Regular buy sell button will work for your trades if your trade is less than your amount in trading account.'

Laksh

Hello josef,
u hv understood the difference between MaxTrade and investment tradess correctly. Max trades are intraday trades where u get exposure upto 10 times ur margin; but they will be automatically squared off after 3:15 pm if u hv not squared them urself. inorder to sq off Max buys u hv to use max sell not the usual sell buttons and vice versa. during quick intraday trade this may sometime cause confusion and mistake' at least it has done in my case. hence be careful. all other trades are termed investment trades. moreover in case of max trades u can use bracket orders and tsl orders which u cannot do with invetment trades.

Laksh

josefjohny

The silent reader
Thanks Laksh for your reply. Same thing happened to me and that's when I started looking for an answer :) . It was helpful.