What is the Annual Rate of return we can expect trading?

What is the reasonable Annual Rate of Return we can expect trading

• Total voters

suri112000

Hi mates,

While creating the poll itself, i thought of adding the following.

Please mention your capital range if you are making more than 50% p.a.consistently for the last few years (atleast 3 years).

Range 1 - Less than Rs.1 lakh
Range 2 - More than Rs.1 lakh and less than Rs.5 lakhs
Range 3 - More than Rs.5 lakhs and less than Rs.20 lakhs
Range 4 - More than Rs.20 lakhs.

would like to see if the range of capital has any effect on the rate of return generated.

ap*

I have voted for option 1 since its where i am as of the past 3 years. And from the capital perspective i am in range 4.

I know a few traders in my circle in range 4 that make more than 100% pa trading options on Bank Nifty only. But once in a few months they take massive 20-30% drawdown. But on a long term view they still make up for their losses. Its all about risk appetite and mine is rather poor :D

mrktmstr

With Hedged Option Strategies(Mainly option writing) am able to make somewhere btwn 4%-6% pm with least Risk.This accounts for >50% annually.
In respect to Capital i am in Range 3 for last 1 yr and in Range 2 before that

If we do planned trading , money management, loss management, leverage checks and we have good knowledge along with experience then I think it is not that tough to make 10-15% per month compounded return. If that achievable I think you are good. But problem is once people start earning they forget all rules or skills. I was also one of them. Now improved. I knew few people who run and waste their time to find holy grail. And never learn anything . Then ran behind algo/robotsf still failed. Yup every body sometime had bad time. One fellow challanged me to be in market for 6 months. As I was taking huge leverage but my view rarely loss for 6 months. After proving and making 500% he find excuses with draw down and bla bla bla. I had issue with my client because he become greedy and I am charging 50% them that time. So I left it in my way. My 6000$ commission was still due with them. Then I also realized I should be more good now. Though I knew elliot wave but with lots of confusion. Then I learned it in right way I dont know how as trying to learn from long time. Then my analysis get new edge. And I am doing well and and few Indian clients doing excellent now. This is sharing just because to say nothing is impossible if you have dedication. I have learned alot from traderji. I had also my thread which was popular with another name. Now coming rarely here as hobby and sharing views some time. But now not so popular. But if you want to learn traderji is best forum to learn. Lots of strategy shared here . Rest you have to use your own brain. I am still in business after that challenge and doing well and enjoyed my money.Yup some time losses but overcome all. Trading is an art and science with instinct. How much experienced and focused you are, your success is based on them. My dream is $1 Billion atleast in 15-20 years from now if I am alive. And I will because I invested my whole life for that.Be open to learn life can change any time. Thanz traderji as learned alot from here and implementing.

Last edited: