What is reqd to get

Hi All

I am new to this field & seems very facinating. My query to all geniouses, that what skills are required to get a job as Technical Analyst in any broker firm or consulting company. Your valuable inputs would be appreciated.

D.Bhatia

Traderji

Super Moderator
At least a professional post graduate degree like a MBA or CA with 3-5 years experience in technical research and a PROFITABLE past track record in trading.

I wonder how many post graduates actually pocess the last requirement! ;)

Dear Traderji

Thanks for your quick reply. I use my own system which is a combination of eliiotwaves & price momentum. How can we prove that we have constant accuracy of price projections.

Apart from Candlesticks, Elliotwaves any other skills are reqd.

D.Bhatia

proof is in the pudding

Thanks for your quick reply. I use my own system which is a combination of eliiotwaves & price momentum. How can we prove that we have constant accuracy of price projections.
Now that you have a system that gives accurate projections - what do you want to prove and to whom? Why do you even think of an employment? I say you just go ahead and trade as per your system.You will make far more money than it is possible as an employee and the satisfaction of proving to yourself.Does not matter if you have to start small - use the power of compounding . Like that famous ad - just do it - ok regards

C

CreditViolet

D.Bhatia said:
I use my own system which is a combination of eliiotwaves & price momentum. How can we prove that we have constant accuracy of price projections.

Apart from Candlesticks, Elliotwaves any other skills are reqd.
Just show them an elliott wave chart,nobody can argue with tht.On a serious note most of the ppl at brokerages kno nothing abt technicals other than moving average crossover donations and trendlines.So wont be much of a problem if u have other credentials like a CFA for instance.A log of ur trades and perhaps some backtesting results if u have some quantifiable techniques.

Hmmmm apart from candlestick and elliott..hmmmm..there again it depends on how much the interviewer knows...not a problem.Programming skills,basic maths,some econometrics,statistics,..more the merrier.

But i would ask wht kannamthanam said-why work for somebody else.If u r young or have no money to trade ur own systems then its ok perhaps.Otherwise....

Well said kannamthanam.

CV
:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Thanks kannamthanam

Your inputs have made me think on the other lines. You have made my day.

I want to help people around who are new here. How can I post my weekly predictions. Or I should start a yahoo groups for it. ALL FOR FREE .... YES ITS FREE.

D.Bhatia

CreditViolet said:
Just show them an elliott wave chart,nobody can argue with tht.On a serious note most of the ppl at brokerages kno nothing abt technicals other than moving average crossover donations and trendlines.
CV
:rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Hello CV,

donations, what does that got to do with brokerages???

Would appreciate you explaining it!

jamesalex_us said:
I want to help people around who are new here. How can I post my weekly predictions. Or I should start a yahoo groups for it. ALL FOR FREE .... YES ITS FREE.

D.Bhatia
You can easily post your weekly predicitions here in this forum as you will have a bigger reach. Attach a gif or pdf files along with your comments, etc.

Yes you are right but last week when I uploaded pdf file with the recommendations, it was blocked by traderji or I dont know what was there but all my msgs reflected in forums expect that msg so I thought that they are promoting themselves only.

James