What is one most important lesson of 2009?

Hi All,

2009 was an extremely strange and trying year for stock market investors. It started with 'fear' as the buzzword. Stock prices across the world were on their way down. Investor dumped their holdings as if the stock was a dirty word. Now as we close in on 2009, fear seems to have vanished. Instead, hope and greed of more returns in 2010 has emerged as the key underlying theme.

So, I am requesting all the wise men and women of this forum, please share your learnings and wisdom with the rest of us:

What you consider is one most important lesson of 2009 for traders & investors?

AW10

For me the lesson was - Don't fight the Fed (or central banks of country).
They have pumped in so much of money that the fear and poor economic fundamentals are replaced by mkt giving their best quarterly, halfyearly returns.

So far no-one is looking at their balance sheet and even they themselves are not talking about how they are going to fill the hole. Hope we see that happening in 2010 and return to reality of market.

Happy Trading in 2010

praveen taneja

Never leave in ur account more then 25k I was earning with 2lac and same i m earning with 25k god is gr8
Earlier i hesitate to go for big trade now i dont have funds haahahaha

AW10

Most important lesson of 2009 :

Wait and confirm that your neighbour has reached his office before flirting with his wife :)
Hope u were not targeting a Trader's wife.. cause many trader's work from home so no question of going to office.