What is Metastock data format?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Gurus,

I am new to this forum. I need your help & guidance in the matter discussed below.

I am basically trying to develop my own analysis software in .NET. In this way, I can learn more about the analysis procedures and can make a customized tool which fits my needs.

For the development of the tool, I need a real time data feed. I searched few sites and found that viratechindia.com is one such provider and esignalindia.com is another.

I am stuck at this juncture to take a decision before subscribing to one of these providers.

1. How do they provide the data feed?
a. Is it through RSS feeds?
b. Is it through a link to a downloadable file on their site?
c. Is it through a custom TCP socket connection on a particular port?
d. Is it through an XML Web Service?

The reason behind asking this question is to decide how I am going to consume their feed.

2. As I read in their respective sites, they provide the data in MetaStock format. I assume this format is the format supported by and designed for MetaStock software. But how can I know whether I will be able to use this format? Is there any specific documentation of MetaStock format anywhere? Is it compressed data? Is it ASCII data? (I have a lot of such questions regarding the format.)

3. Do you have any suggestion of a better provider who suits my requirement?

I need your guidance for finding this information.

Hi JDM,

Thanks for the reply. I downloaded the application("Meta-All") developed by icecubetray. In the application, the data is sownloaded from Yahoo and BSEindia by parsing html files. I am looking at paid data providers and their format. However, the application explains, how data is stored in metastock files.

Status
Not open for further replies.