What is Fundamental Analysis

Einstein

There are many sources.. but its not useful for investors/traders, they are for economist and policy makers.

1. Its Repo rate which currently stands at 8%

I am confused on which one is the repo rate in the excel attached (downloaded from RBI database)..

I mean there are more than one column that carries the term 'Repo' in it.

Requesting you please point out the particular column.
Thanks in advance , from a newbie

Link to the excel-> http://w w w.4sha red.com/offi ce/CG_ _N8wac e/Copy_of_Daily_Money_Market_Ope.html (Please remove the spaces in between)

http://www.rbi.org.in/scripts/WSSViewDetail.aspx?TYPE=Section&PARAM1=4
row 16, repo rate.By the way do you own some bank?? lol why do you need to track repo rate??
It is of no use to average analyst, this is the money lending rate to the banks.
:D

1.Was trying to figure out some economic indicator that closely resembles nifty. (As far as I know, interest rates follow the same cycle as that of the stock market, being slightly laggard than the former..Got to find out which interest rate is that one)
2.Can treasury bond prices be considered as 'interest rate' ?

Mr.G

:D

1.Was trying to figure out some economic indicator that closely resembles nifty. (As far as I know, interest rates follow the same cycle as that of the stock market, being slightly laggard than the former..Got to find out which interest rate is that one)
2.Can treasury bond prices be considered as 'interest rate' ?
We have a treasury bond in India? Try using the 10YGOI Bonds rates or Take out an average of the rates given by A rated corp bonds.

Einstein

Why take these rates in valuating nifty is out of my intelligence..

the only way to valuate an index is to analyse all the companies in the index, by the time you'll do that its value will change. so don't worry of something that is not knowable.

stoch

Past earnings can't guarantee anything we can't build the strategy based on that (heard this from one famous analyst on Hotforex webinar). After realizing this I start to use only non laggging indicators or fundamental analysis..