What is Fundamental Analysis

abhi_neth

Anybody has idea about the CRISIL rating? Based on this how to select the stock for investment?
What does CRISIL A1+ means?
Meaning of different CRISIL ratings are available on CRISIL website.

CRISIL A1+ is for short term instrument. & it mean
Instruments with this rating are considered to have very strong degree of safety regarding timely payment of financial obligations. Such instruments carry lowest credit risk.

The + sign reflects the standing of the instrument within the category.

CRISIL ratings basically are for bonds issued by the company or for loans. One cannot select a stock based only on this criteria for investment. It may be one of the input to make a decision to buy stocks but more research has to be done to arrive at a decision.

Could any one explain me in simple term --What is meant by release of pledged share?
Because i am totally confused with the following two examples
HDIL -Sarang Wadhawan 1.19% stake released from pledge - the share value beaten down a lot. where as Granules India case - Krishna prasad - relased 1.6lac share from pledge but the share shot up.
:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

mastermind007

Could any one explain me in simple term --What is meant by release of pledged share?
HDIL -Sarang Wadhawan 1.19% stake released from pledge - the share value beaten down a lot. where as Granules India case - Krishna prasad - relased 1.6lac share from pledge but the share shot up.
:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:
I believe that when you take loan against shares, they get "pledged". Failure to repay the loan will result on transferring of ownership of shares to the entity that provided the loan .

mastermind007

News articles on moneycontrol tell that Sarang Wadhwan sold from his own holdings of the company in which he is MD. "Bad Bad" news....

For all I know, Wadhwan could have repurchased same quantity @ lower price

On other hand, article does say Krishna Prasad released shares. I could not find article that clearly told that he sold his holdings. I'd interpret that line as KP having repaid loan to unpledge shares.

See, http://fundamentalideasbykunal.blogspot.in/2012/10/granules-india-fastest-growing-pharma.html

Thanks mastermind.

The explanation is good and also got many info from public domain. Also i am following kunal blog quite sometime.
News articles on moneycontrol tell that Sarang Wadhwan sold from his own holdings of the company in which he is MD. "Bad Bad" news....

For all I know, Wadhwan could have repurchased same quantity @ lower price

On other hand, article does say Krishna Prasad released shares. I could not find article that clearly told that he sold his holdings. I'd interpret that line as KP having repaid loan to unpledge shares.

See, http://fundamentalideasbykunal.blogspot.in/2012/10/granules-india-fastest-growing-pharma.html

Mr.G

You can't use it. Commodities have many variables so fa doesn't work with it.