What I learned about market: Till now

Hello friends,
It is my Second thread, I am a Newbie, Just started Trading last month. As the name suggest, I am making this thread to post that what I learned till now. And hope all seniors will support and help me here with there experience.
About me: I am at 23rd year of my life, Single :cool: on a government service. I started trading to just know what it is? The ups and downs always thrilled me. And for money also( not a huge but...) As now I am a bit stable on my job, so decided to enter in the market. I opened Trading account with ICICI Direct. Then Ventura Securities within one month, Trading only intraday till now. Lets do not talk about Broker.
Here I end my intro, and will say about my mistakes and learning, in hope that all time great seniors of TraderJI will give me support as they always ready to help newbies like me.

At first I made 2-3 trade randomly, I even didn't know how to place order, Stoploss, etc. And I lost about 4,000 Rs.
Made some more trade based on recommendation, and lost about 1000 more.
Till this point now I only get to know how to place order rightly, About Stoploss and margin, Leverage etc.

After watching market for 6-7 days and learning a bit about candelstics I got a gain of about 1500 continuous for 3 days. With my capital 10,000 k & high leverage. But today again in loss of about 4500.

So till now I learned and making them my rule:

1. Do not need to enter early in the market.( Today's Mistake)

2. Look for recommondation, but make your research also, don't make a hurry to buy a stock, you will get time again.( Today's Mistake)

3. Learned a little about candelstick charts. Its a must have thing.

Learning Continuous...............

Seniors plz suggest me that how to decide a stoploss? How much it should be? As today I bought sesagoa at 204 & 202, made stoploss at 198 was that ok?

Today Again in loss:

Got a lesson: Generally, If a stock goes up very fast, it will also come down, for a break, but will not climb again very fast, it will move slow after resistance. We should not buy if it comes down, instead we can short at the upper target price.

Am I write or wrong??? any suggestion pllz

sudoku1

Hello friends,
It is my Second thread, I am a Newbie, Just started Trading last month. As the name suggest, I am making this thread to post that what I learned till now. And hope all seniors will support and help me here with there experience.
About me: I am at 23rd year of my life, Single :cool: on a government service. I started trading to just know what it is? The ups and downs always thrilled me. And for money also( not a huge but...) As now I am a bit stable on my job, so decided to enter in the market. I opened Trading account with ICICI Direct. Then Ventura Securities within one month, Trading only intraday till now. Lets do not talk about Broker.
Here I end my intro, and will say about my mistakes and learning, in hope that all time great seniors of TraderJI will give me support as they always ready to help newbies like me.

At first I made 2-3 trade randomly, I even didn't know how to place order, Stoploss, etc. And I lost about 4,000 Rs.
Till this point now I only get to know how to place order rightly, About Stoploss and margin, Leverage etc.

After watching market for 6-7 days and learning a bit about candelstics I got a gain of about 1500 continuous for 3 days. With my capital 10,000 k & high leverage. But today again in loss of about 4500.

2. Look for recommondation, but make your research also, don't make a hurry to buy a stock, you will get time again.( Today's Mistake)

Seniors plz suggest me that how to decide a stoploss? How much it should be? As today I bought sesagoa at 204 & 202, made stoploss at 198 was that ok?
AFTER 15 YRS in trading , still I m a student.
wl young man,greed, anxiety r d only emotions responsible fr a downturn of any trader.
my words may sound harsh,b it so.
u wnt a degree even before studying....possible ? never !
wen u don't know d ABC of d field, how cm u do business wid d unknown ?
after every loss ,u wil try 2 jstify dat it happened bcoz of dis n dat bcoz u hav nt been emotionally tortured financially in trading bfor.
going frwrd , d justifications wil ruin ur confidence leading 2 anxiety n depression.in dend u wil blame ur luck n d stock mkt n held dem responsible.

sounded fearful na ?
nt wen a soldier enters a battlefield wid his skills n arms required fr d combat n a common sense of d rules of d battle.even if he lost d battle, he wil emotionaly win it if...he had backup plan nor plan B in case he lost.

I m nt saying dat trading is a fearful xercise ,in fact many make a living out of it .
1st of all get d skills required fr trading like technical resources available on d net.go thru d biography of how successful traders made it , deir strategies...prepare urself emotionally,write down ur goal fr trading on a paper including d outcm if u lost all ur money u intended fr trading..visualize d consequences nt as a negative thinker bt as a crisis management plan n den paper trade fr at least 6 mnths.in d meantime review d losses of paper trade n try 2 sort out d gliches by applying ur own strategies n twiking dem nt 2 turn paper loss into profit bt 2 minimize d loss.:)

Giraffe

Hello friends,

Let go of the leverage if you want to survive the next few years.
That's the big mistake you need to correct asap........:D

Giraffe

Today Again in loss:

Got a lesson: Generally, If a stock goes up very fast, it will also come down, for a break, but will not climb again very fast, it will move slow after resistance. We should not buy if it comes down, instead we can short at the upper target price.

Am I write or wrong??? any suggestion pllz
Very wrong, counter-trend trades are not the one you should be attempting in the beginning.
A stock that goes up fast, can also go higher even faster. Maybe it can, maybe it can't .......:p
No 'will/will not', "must/must not", "can not" in this game buddy, Only 'CAN' is the king.
Its a game of probabilities, not certanities.

AFTER 15 YRS in trading , still I m a student.
wl young man,greed, anxiety r d only emotions responsible fr a downturn of any trader.
my words may sound harsh,b it so.
u wnt a degree even before studying....possible ? never !
wen u don't know d ABC of d field, how cm u do business wid d unknown ?
after every loss ,u wil try 2 jstify dat it happened bcoz of dis n dat bcoz u hav nt been emotionally tortured financially in trading bfor.
going frwrd , d justifications wil ruin ur confidence leading 2 anxiety n depression.in dend u wil blame ur luck n d stock mkt n held dem responsible.

sounded fearful na ?
nt wen a soldier enters a battlefield wid his skills n arms required fr d combat n a common sense of d rules of d battle.even if he lost d battle, he wil emotionaly win it if...he had backup plan nor plan B in case he lost.

I m nt saying dat trading is a fearful xercise ,in fact many make a living out of it .
1st of all get d skills required fr trading like technical resources available on d net.go thru d biography of how successful traders made it , deir strategies...prepare urself emotionally,write down ur goal fr trading on a paper including d outcm if u lost all ur money u intended fr trading..visualize d consequences nt as a negative thinker bt as a crisis management plan n den paper trade fr at least 6 mnths.in d meantime review d losses of paper trade n try 2 sort out d gliches by applying ur own strategies n twiking dem nt 2 turn paper loss into profit bt 2 minimize d loss.:)
Thank U sir, Thanks a lot for sharing, what U got from your experience. I am also trying to get trading skills. But I don't have any master for me, who could teach me, Like a soldier. I have to know the actual market and to feel that greed and fear of market so I went through the live trading instead of paper trading. There was a greed also, I thought like each newbie thinks that, he will get profit, looks only at Lows and Highs of the day and thinks that he will buy on lowest and sell on highest.
Now I have at least learnt how to place order. Will again trade on paper until I learn some lessons.
once again Thanks a lot Sir.

Let go of the leverage if you want to survive the next few years.
That's the big mistake you need to correct asap........:D
So should I work only with my capital??

Very wrong, counter-trend trades are not the one you should be attempting in the beginning.
A stock that goes up fast, can also go higher even faster. Maybe it can, maybe it can't .......:p
No 'will/will not', "must/must not", "can not" in this game buddy, Only 'CAN' is the king.
Its a game of probabilities, not certanities.
Sir, Thanks for this. I will learn it. Just curious about counter trend trades, Will google it.:D:D

TraderRavi

low risk profile
I think a newbie sud not use more than 3 times leverage , more leverage at initial stages => capital will evaporate fast.

XUV-500

I think a newbie sud not use more than 3 times leverage , more leverage at initial stages => capital will evaporate fast.
IMO- NO leverage and trade with 1/10 th of capital.
Monetary returns are not imp in initial stages.But learning to handle trade/emotions/money are imp.

Even if u have 1000k in pocket.Just put 10k and learn.