What happened If we do not squared off option call or put option

Hi
What happened if we do not squared off my option call or put option on the expiry.
I have doubt that If I forget to buy my sold call or forget to sell my bought call option. then what happens.
Is it to apply penalty to me or

OneThatGotAway

They expire worthless and you will be charged stt as exchange will auto square off and they will charge u there charge.
it;s best to squareoff option .
Rakesh junjun has siad those who buy option there trading account gets empty
those who sell option there bank account gets empty

in short it;s best not to trade in option. even if u play make it intraday i.e square off at 3:00 pm you be happy that way.
it;sbetter to squareoff loss same day rather then loose entire money at expirty.

You are intelligent yourself ...
playing in future is 1 time death
playing in option is 30 times death for all 30 days and in end option will be 0 :xD

moral of story :- stay away from option
if u are in loss for 1 month don;t play option for second month be intelligent .

i play option only when there is event such as election that too limited to 1 lakhs ka option not more then that .

mastermind007

Not entirely true, OneThatGotAway.

There is no need to square off Options that are likely to expire worthless.

There is a penalty in not squaring off ITM option in form of higher STT

(and that rule is primarily to save the skin of the options writer. By forcing Option Buyer into selling on expiry day, it gives a chance to writer to shave off his losses.)

They expire worthless and you will be charged stt as exchange will auto square off and they will charge u there charge.
it;s best to squareoff option .
Rakesh junjun has siad those who buy option there trading account gets empty
those who sell option there bank account gets empty

in short it;s best not to trade in option. even if u play make it intraday i.e square off at 3:00 pm you be happy that way.
it;sbetter to squareoff loss same day rather then loose entire money at expirty.

You are intelligent yourself ...
playing in future is 1 time death
playing in option is 30 times death for all 30 days and in end option will be 0 :xD

moral of story :- stay away from option
if u are in loss for 1 month don;t play option for second month be intelligent .

i play option only when there is event such as election that too limited to 1 lakhs ka option not more then that .
Thanks for your reply.

Actually I sold call against of my stock.

So If I forget to buy my sold call, then I will be charged only STT which is free If I myself square off.
Same is applicable If I forget to sell my bought call, then exchange will sell my bought call on current rate. Correct?
the above condition is applicable in the both the cases ITM or OTM?
Exchange square off the open position of call and put on closing price which is 3.30 PM?

Again thanks for your clarification.

Not entirely true, OneThatGotAway.

There is no need to square off Options that are likely to expire worthless.

There is a penalty in not squaring off ITM option in form of higher STT

(and that rule is primarily to save the skin of the options writer. By forcing Option Buyer into selling on expiry day, it gives a chance to writer to shave off his losses.)
Thanks Mastermind007

So If at end of expiry if call is OTM then no need to buy back, so exchange will buy back at their end. so no need to worry about the penalty
and If at end of expiry if call is ITM then exchange will square off at their end, but they charged us penalty.
They charged STT (penalty), so can you please describe me how much penalty they charged us.
Thanks !!!!