What do you see in Moon? (Trading Systems!)

SavantGarde

lsolanki,

Looks like you aren't very observant..... Please note the Title of the thread and something written within brackets...!!!

SG

quite confuse here......if it is not related to forex what this thread doing in forex section........

and i see a moon full of hope and hardwork which it does to come every night and shower us with its moonlight.......just a thought

a system is actually a plan which helps a trader to trade with confidence.
no system means no plan or confidence.

p.s. i am noone to judge anybody.

better come to point rather than making all of us to wonder what new info you are going to give which we don't know

Thank you all for your precious inputs, so we agree to disagree.

So that concludes that none of us see the same pattern in moon, everybody see's their own pattern. beautiful!!!

Basic 1: Similarly trading chart patterns are specific to individuals, you can't study others pattern and be effective with what you do. everybody needs to see their own patterns and trade.

this is the foundation of all master minds till date, no two people who are successful share the same method of approach. look at history, let it be Williams or Fibonacci they don't analyse the pattern in similar fashion.

This is exactly why I said earlier that a software so projected to work charm in making money can bankrupt you for a simple reason the pattern analysis from the coder to the trader differs.

So Mark this on your wall "My pattern is Mine Alone, and I understand what I see"

Ok next stop 3 Key elements of chart and how it influences the support and resistance (How I see of course).

Again warning you, if you are in a hurry to learn a quick method to make a cent, this is not the post you should be anticipating and reading

avad

I think each and everyone needs to have something in a system which they trust. Last year my friend taught me a trading system based on breakout pattern but at the end of month he ended in positive while i ended in negative. It wasnt that he hid something from me , it was just that i couldnt take the trades given by his system after 1-2 losses.Or even after a win for that matter. It was only after i discovered what i am comfortable with could i do good trades.

There are various people makng good trades on various methods.
My own father trades only by watching news channel. When asked he says that he gets a good feel of whats happening when he watches these channels.

Most people come into markets to make a quick money not to learn something new. As someone said "Focus on making good trades , the money wil come autmatically"

4xpipcounter

No My friend, I am just asking a simple question, nothing related to trade at all, it's more about Human Psychology, I will explain it to you what I mean; once I see some answers.

for now my question remains.

What to see in Moon?

Here's my answer - "a human face" that's what I see, what do you see?
I see the moon when my wife pulls on the diaper of my 1-year old granddaughter or 1-year old grandson. At that point, all I want to see if the half moon, considering a deposit was made at Rump's Brown Bank.

4xpipcounter

I was having a good time in the previous post, but seriously, I think this has a lot to do with forex.

If you see a happy face, then it is probably because your trade is going good for you.
If it is a source of light, then you have probably developed a proven methodology to profitably trade by.
If it is my analogy in my previous post, then you are probably a newbie prematurely jumping into the market.

quite confuse here......if it is not related to forex what this thread doing in forex section........

and i see a moon full of hope and hardwork which it does to come every night and shower us with its moonlight.......just a thought

a system is actually a plan which helps a trader to trade with confidence.
no system means no plan or confidence.

p.s. i am noone to judge anybody.
Don't feel bad. Whether we admit or not, we are always making judgments on things or people.
I wonder why "judge" is such a bad word."
Oops, better leave that alone. That's a topic for another thread.

better come to point rather than making all of us to wonder what new info you are going to give which we don't know

4xpipcounter

"So that concludes that none of us see the same pattern in moon, everybody see's their own pattern. beautiful!!!"

Wow, what a thought! The moon is full of craters. I'm sure if we were walking on it right now, we would take nothing for granted because of all the bumps and holes. We would want to be very careful to not fall in.
Trading is that way. We are walking around and observing very carefully the markets. Regardless of our experience, we take nothing for granted. Once we lose our carefulness, we will fall in one of those craters, and then our account will come crashing down.

Thank you all for your precious inputs, so we agree to disagree.

So that concludes that none of us see the same pattern in moon, everybody see's their own pattern. beautiful!!!

Basic 1: Similarly trading chart patterns are specific to individuals, you can't study others pattern and be effective with what you do. everybody needs to see their own patterns and trade.

this is the foundation of all master minds till date, no two people who are successful share the same method of approach. look at history, let it be Williams or Fibonacci they don't analyse the pattern in similar fashion.

This is exactly why I said earlier that a software so projected to work charm in making money can bankrupt you for a simple reason the pattern analysis from the coder to the trader differs.

So Mark this on your wall "My pattern is Mine Alone, and I understand what I see"

Ok next stop 3 Key elements of chart and how it influences the support and resistance (How I see of course).

Again warning you, if you are in a hurry to learn a quick method to make a cent, this is not the post you should be anticipating and reading

Last edited:

4xpipcounter

Avad, excellent points!
It is proof positive that we can never win consistently by copying someone else. Your friend's breakout system was good for him, but it was only good for you when it became a part of you. It became YOUR trading system.

I think each and everyone needs to have something in a system which they trust. Last year my friend taught me a trading system based on breakout pattern but at the end of month he ended in positive while i ended in negative. It wasnt that he hid something from me , it was just that i couldnt take the trades given by his system after 1-2 losses.Or even after a win for that matter. It was only after i discovered what i am comfortable with could i do good trades.

There are various people makng good trades on various methods.
My own father trades only by watching news channel. When asked he says that he gets a good feel of whats happening when he watches these channels.

Most people come into markets to make a quick money not to learn something new. As someone said "Focus on making good trades , the money wil come autmatically"

My Apologies!

Kindly accept my sincere apologies for the prolonged posting. Had good amount of work to complete in my day job.

To make it up to you all, I decided to share a simple system I personally use to define support and resistance levels instead of showing you Swing High & Swing Low with some red and blue lines.

1. Download the template below [Right Click > Save as] and apply it to your chart

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/56363386/sri%27s%20sytem.tpl

Ingredients : the system in defined by moving averages and confirmed by volume, stochastic & RSI

This is not a breakout strategy, this is trend system which works almost on any time frame [Though i personally recommend 1 or 4 hour TF]

Simple Rules :

In a Uptrend - MA 1 defined by color Grey becomes your Resistance and MA 2 Defined in Orange confirms the outbreak and change in trend

In a Downtrend - MA 1 defined by color Grey becomes your Support and MA 2 Defined in Orange confirms the outbreak and change in trend

Real Simple : I won't bug writing too many stuff.

Give it a go play with the setting and define your S&P

Small tip : when the gap between MA 1 & MA 2 are tight it's a sideways market.

I would appreciate a open discussion