What can be a realistic expectation of returns from Intraday trading?

mohan.sic

i generally trade fno, buy 1 lot which cost comes below 30k ,

i generally keep a wide stop loss since I trade first 30 mins , and my target is 1% of script price

so per day I make 20% with margin of 25X to 30x on my capital in zerodha !!

at EOD I make sure I don't go red

regards
what is 30x on fno bhai... ? Multiples you get on cash... In derivatives you trade on margin. Even if some brokers allow leverage in fno..there is no chance of said percentage multiples you can get.

what is WIDE stop loss you mentioned ? 2% or 5 % ?? Bcz with 30x leverage appx 3% fall will wipe out the trading capital. One SL and there is no capital for second trade...

Last edited:

lemondew

I was reading reviews of wisdom in quora someone complained he had some shares of ashokleyland worth 50 lacs in mis and he kept on getting messages 75% margin gone in loss pls add money and he coolly called up and told the operator he would square off at 320pm... And was very angry at wisom for squaring of his capital at 8lac loss when market reversed.

https://www.quora.com/Has-anyone-used-Wisdom-Capital-as-a-broker
what is 30x on fno bhai... ? Multiples you get on cash... In derivatives you trade on margin. Even if some brokers allow leverage in fno..there is no chance of said percentage multiples you can get.

what is WIDE stop loss you mentioned ? 2% or 5 % ?? Bcz with 30x leverage appx 3% fall will wipe out the trading capital. One Sl and there is no capital for second trade...

Last edited:

TraderRavi

low risk profile
I was reading reviews of wisdom in quora someone complained he had some shares of ashokleyland worth 50 lacs in mis and he kept on getting messages 75% margin gone in loss pls add money and he coolly called up and told the operator he would square off at 320pm... And was very angry at wisom for squaring of his capital at 8lac loss when market reversed.

https://www.quora.com/Has-anyone-used-Wisdom-Capital-as-a-broker
that is not worth 50 lacs but it is Rs 3 crore 50 lakh. this guy is an idiot. such a huge position and blaming his broker RMS.

Last edited:

sridhga

i generally keep a wide stop loss since I trade first 30 mins , and my target is 1% of script price

regards

This is understandable.

What do you do if you hit your wide stop loss? How do you select the scrip that would hit 1% from your entry price during this time frame? What do you do if neither the target nor SL are hit within the time frame?

This is certainly possible sometimes. But how do you make it happen per day? Am I missing something?

Now on the arithmetic part of it: With a margin of 25x and 1% on scrip price, you put Rs. 4 and buy the lot worth Rs. 100 and with 1% target, it reaches 101(long position) your return of Re.1 on Rs. 4 investment is 25% The round trip transaction charges on zerodha FNO are approx 0.1% and we have not counted this. That is fine the arithmetic seems to work.

Well how can you make sure of this with wide stop loss? If you have any solution please share so that everyone at TJ can learn from you.

regards

You either did not give out your strategy in full or you were merely typing based on your hope.

Sometimes your targets are achievable. But consistency requires many more rules in this system. You should also consider some loss days. If your stop loss is wide as per the above arithmetic, your capital is wiped out in case stop loss is hit. I wish you good luck, but I do not think you answered the OP's query with sufficient info.

Last edited:

This is understandable.

What do you do if you hit your wide stop loss? How do you select the scrip that would hit 1% from your entry price during this time frame? What do you do if neither the target nor SL are hit within the time frame?

This is certainly possible sometimes. But how do you make it happen per day? Am I missing something?

Now on the arithmetic part of it: With a margin of 25x and 1% on scrip price, you put Rs. 4 and buy the lot worth Rs. 100 and with 1% target, it reaches 101(long position) your return of Re.1 on Rs. 4 investment is 25% The round trip transaction charges on zerodha FNO are approx 0.1% and we have not counted this. That is fine the arithmetic seems to work.

Well how can you make sure of this with wide stop loss? If you have any solution please share so that everyone at TJ can learn from you.

regards

You either did not give out your strategy in full or you were merely typing based on your hope.

Sometimes your targets are achievable. But consistency requires many more rules in this system. You should also consider some loss days. If your stop loss is wide as per the above arithmetic, your capital is wiped out in case stop loss is hit. I wish you good luck, but I do not think you answered the OP's query with sufficient info.
what i understood from these comments ( reply comments to the original post ) is that if we make a confused post then all wise people jump in to action and do R&D .. means a confused guy is basically keeping all clear thinking people busy .. :D:cool: