What can be a realistic expectation of returns from Intraday trading?

Don't the trading-costs eat up a huge chunk of your profits in Cash delivery?
I am running a granular analysis on this. I iwll post a google docs link with a detailed comparison after going through atleast 6 to 9 months of trading. My temperament suits best for short term delivery trades. Found that in te longer run, this adds better than intraday trades. In intraday one always has a fear of big capital wipeouts because of leverages taken. I would be very circumspect with regard to these.

Well it depends on your trading systems and of course strategies and experience. However, i would like to give one advice by which earning from intra day trading gets easier that is trade high volume based shares. In intra day, position has to be closed before the trading hour, more liquid the stock more possibility to earn profit.

Well nothing specific can be said about it. It just depends on you and your strategies. Expected returns may vary from trader to trader hence you need to see what are your expectations based on some logic and then alter strategies if need be. Every trader is different are so are his expectations and trading style.

I do not expect anything out of my trades, especially intraday, will suggest you to do the same. Markets are severely fluctuating and setting expectations, can at times, distract your plan and make you loose confidence.

i generally trade fno, buy 1 lot which cost comes below 30k ,

i generally keep a wide stop loss since I trade first 30 mins , and my target is 1% of script price

so per day I make 20% with margin of 25X to 30x on my capital in zerodha !!

at EOD I make sure I don't go red

regards

MSN1979

i generally keep a wide stop loss since I trade first 30 mins , and my target is 1% of script price

regards
I would worship you if you can prove " How can u make sure you don't close in red at end of the day" Specially by trading first 30 min.

MSN1979

based on your claims

20% per day of 30k -> gives u 440% per month so your yearly returns in 5280% approx 16L without compounding

Please don't tell us you compound as well. Within few years ambanis TATA and BIRLA would be kneeling in front of you

siddhant4u

Well-Unknown Member
based on your claims

20% per day of 30k -> gives u 440% per month so your yearly returns in 5280% approx 16L without compounding

Please don't tell us you compound as well. Within few years ambanis TATA and BIRLA would be kneeling in front of you
1% of Nifty within first 30 min comes out to be 112 points (11200 spot price) !!

against_tides

regards
The last line is most important:)