What can be a realistic expectation of returns from Intraday trading?

doss186

question is not very specific to give a answer. It depends on your trading pattern, instrument you trade, leverage you use, strategy, money management, risks you take. In intraday, if I use high leverage, even +100% per day is realistic. And -100 % is also realistic.

Enter trade only if there is chance of getting 33 percent of 14 days Average trading range. You aim at 67 percent of ART14 as first target and 100 percent of ATR14 as second target from the entry point.

Attachments

Last edited:

Shav

If you are winning 1 out of three trades with a risk to reward ratio of 1:3 then you are a successful trader. You need to grow your profit slowly by taking minimum of the risk. You have to work hard for achieving your targets. Always work on a broader level!

If you are winning 1 out of three trades with a risk to reward ratio of 1:3 then you are a successful trader. You need to grow your profit slowly by taking minimum of the risk. You have to work hard for achieving your targets. Always work on a broader level!
If you are winning 1 out of three trades with RR of 1:3 then you merely breakeven before trading-costs, & after considering trading-costs, you're losing money. Nonetheless, I agree about trying to grow profits slowly.

Hi,
I have been trying a number of strategies for a last few months. I backtest the data and i get some returns. But the most basic question still remains - What can be a realistic expectation of returns from trading?
For example- If i have a capital of Rs 1 Lakh, then how much return should i expect if i do intraday trading. Quite obviously, talking of daily returns is pointless so in what timeframe should we judge the returns - annually or biannually or any other time frame ??
go for short term delivery trades?

If you are winning 1 out of three trades with RR of 1:3 then you merely breakeven before trading-costs, & after considering trading-costs, you're losing money. Nonetheless, I agree about trying to grow profits slowly.
Sorry, I think I was mistaken, winning 1 out of 3 trades with RR of 1:3 then you will, in fact, be in GROSS profit before trading-costs but depending on various factors, you may or mayn't be in NET profit after considering trading-costs.