What can be a realistic expectation of returns from Intraday trading?

Hi,
I have been trying a number of strategies for a last few months. I backtest the data and i get some returns. But the most basic question still remains - What can be a realistic expectation of returns from trading?
For example- If i have a capital of Rs 1 Lakh, then how much return should i expect if i do intraday trading. Quite obviously, talking of daily returns is pointless so in what timeframe should we judge the returns - annually or biannually or any other time frame ??

doss186

Hi,
I have been trying a number of strategies for a last few months. I backtest the data and i get some returns. But the most basic question still remains - What can be a realistic expectation of returns from trading?
For example- If i have a capital of Rs 1 Lakh, then how much return should i expect if i do intraday trading. Quite obviously, talking of daily returns is pointless so in what timeframe should we judge the returns - annually or biannually or any other time frame ??
Now this depends on what trading system you are using. If you have a robust winning strategy then you go home with some profit. But if you are using some strategy which cannot handle the intraday noise then i’m Sorry bro.

MSN1979

For a new comer >OR <= -1000% to -100% range

For a intermediate Hardly Breakeven but he wont loose his initial capital or see wipeout

For experienced - sky is the limit. My father will tell if you take 1 bucket out of the sea, would it effect sea level? If you take 2 buckets out then? If you take 100 buckets out? If you take 1000 buckets out? If you take 100,000 buckets out?

Now do the opposite, If you put 1 bucket of water in sea what would it change

Now replace word bucket with world money and change word stock market with sea.

Wish you all the best

Kaneab

This is difficult question and depends on your trading abilities, strategy and experience. It is very individual, so targeting daily profits is not so easy to achieve. But I think that in some monthly range would be more appropriate to set some targets and improve your strategy accordingly

mohan.sic

Hi,

question is not very specific to give a answer. It depends on your trading pattern, instrument you trade, leverage you use, strategy, money management, risks you take. In intraday, if I use high leverage, even +100% per day is realistic. And -100 % is also realistic.

doss186

question is not very specific to give a answer. It depends on your trading pattern, instrument you trade, leverage you use, strategy, money management, risks you take. In intraday, if I use high leverage, even +100% per day is realistic. And -100 % is also realistic.
Enter trade only if there is chance of getting 33 percent of 14 days Average trading range. You aim at 67 percent of ART14
Intraday Return.jpg
Intraday Return.jpg
Intraday Return.jpg
Intraday Return.jpg
as first target and 100 percent of ATR14 as second target from the entry point.

doss186

Enter trade only if there is chance of getting 33 percent of 14 days Average trading range. You aim at 67 percent of ART14 View attachment 34489 View attachment 34489 View attachment 34489 View attachment 34489 View attachment 34489 as first target and 100 percent of ATR14 as second target from the entry point.