What All Can Go Wrong in a Trade?

TraderRavi

low risk profile
Greed ! :greedy:
not allowing a profitable trade to book profit.

Expectation ! :nailbiting:
not allowing to book a losing trade in expectation of its turning into profit / breakeven.

:)

sometimes I have some level in mind , support or resistance level or gap filing . My trade goes in that direction , notional profit but then it reverses half way without reaching that level , many times I refuse to look at the reality , price reverses and goes beyound my buy/sell level . booked loss. how many times my good profitable trades ended up in loss. In BNF I have booked loss after seeing over 200 points profit in intraday.

Round number fetish is also your enemy. when you want to book 100, 150 , 200 points and price reverse from 90 points or 190 points. Once I have 9500 Rs profit in multiple option trades intraday, I thought 10000 profit lekar close karta hoon. lost 1500 now profit became 8000 instead of 10000. to gain back that ended up day with 1000 - 1500 profit . sala 500 rs aur ke chakkar mein satyanash.

I trade on S & R but sometimes hope for a resistance or support to break and refuse to acknowledge that price is respecting S/R levels and isse jyada nahi milne wala but..........hope is very bad word in trading. Ye hope hi hai jo hamare losa trades ko cut nahi karne deti or profitable trades se time par exit nahi karne deti.

sometimes in frustration or hope for turnaround I let my losing trades run till EOD. those are the trades that make the money evaporate from ledger.

sometimes I take trade in many instruments. mostly ends in disaster.

not using TSL is one reason many profitable trades ended badly.

many other mistakes too. keep repeating same mistakes over and over again.

Last edited:
The desire to get a lot and immediately is probably the most common mistake not only in trading but in general in everyday life. We are not ready to wait for almost anything. Entering the store, we are afraid of huge lines. When ordering some product on the Internet, we cannot wait for it calmly. There is nothing to be done with this since this is the psychology of human behavior, and absolutely all people are like that. At the beginning of my trading journey, I, like everyone else, set certain goals. So, during my first years of practice on Forex, my goal was to earn around 3000 $ per month. This goal was taken after attending a free introductory seminar at one of the forex brokerage companies. After the goal was set, I was not interested in another result. Of course, they kindly told me what needs to be done to earn money on the exchange. And I opened my first demo account. As far as I remember, I had about 5000 USD. Of course, I did not succeed.
Nowadays, this issue is even more serious. There is such a parameter as the average time spent in a transaction. So, even five years ago, this time was several hours. And now? This is 3-4 minutes! And this time is reduced almost every day. The faster the speed of information exchange, the less we want to wait. This problem is a matter of psychology, and solving any psychological problem is very difficult.
I managed to solve this problem partially. As before, I do not really like to wait. But I can confidently say that when making real transactions on the stock exchange, the rush is not typical for me. When entering a deal, I want it to close profitably tomorrow, but I understand that the probability of this is minimal. So, before entering any transaction, I calculate how much time is approximately necessary for the transaction to be completed.

Greed ! :greedy:
not allowing a profitable trade to book profit.

Expectation ! :nailbiting:
not allowing to book a losing trade in expectation of its turning into profit / breakeven.

:)
I am now at this stage. Serious i am good with entry i guess but then i hope some things move like i desire and everything messes up and i reach a break even point or small loss or a big loss.

sometimes I have some level in mind , support or resistance level or gap filing . My trade goes in that direction , notional profit but then it reverses half way without reaching that level , many times I refuse to look at the reality , price reverses and goes beyound my buy/sell level . booked loss. how many times my good profitable trades ended up in loss. In BNF I have booked loss after seeing over 200 points profit in intraday.

Round number fetish is also your enemy. when you want to book 100, 150 , 200 points and price reverse from 90 points or 190 points. Once I have 9500 Rs profit in multiple option trades intraday, I thought 10000 profit lekar close karta hoon. lost 1500 now profit became 8000 instead of 10000. to gain back that ended up day with 1000 - 1500 profit . sala 500 rs aur ke chakkar mein satyanash.

I trade on S & R but sometimes hope for a resistance or support to break and refuse to acknowledge that price is respecting S/R levels and isse jyada nahi milne wala but..........hope is very bad word in trading. Ye hope hi hai jo hamare losa trades ko cut nahi karne deti or profitable trades se time par exit nahi karne deti.

sometimes in frustration or hope for turnaround I let my losing trades run till EOD. those are the trades that make the money evaporate from ledger.

sometimes I take trade in many instruments. mostly ends in disaster.

not using TSL is one reason many profitable trades ended badly.

many other mistakes too. keep repeating same mistakes over and over again.
Same case with me see but i don't ha
Isn't that his prerogative? Only he sees the full picture. But I admit, the view from outside is also valuable.
My losses were also big, but now I'm trading on much smaller amounts.
Are you into scalping now? I mainly trading in crude and natural gas and i was thinking of scalping from now because greediness is my issue.

Not being able to judge the market conditions properly and often ending up overtrading because of greed; these are the issues I have seen most of the people face while trading.

In a trade, factors such as market volatility, unexpected news events, and emotional decision-making can lead to losses or missed opportunities.