WEBOTRON : Powerful Technical Analysis Software for non technical persons...

linkon7

This is a very powerful technical analysis software.

How to get the data...?

I have modified it so that you can use it for NSE stocks.
There is a file "stocks.txt" which contains the list of all the stocks you want to monitor.

In the "input" folder download bhavcopy from www.nseindia.com. (take your mouse over the "equities" tab on www.nseindia.com, and click on "historical data", then click on "archives" in the window that opens and then you'll see a table. under equities select the bhavcopy and at the bottom of the page input the date. click "get" and 2 files appear on top of the screen. )download the file with an extension " .csv " (eg cm01APR2008bhav.csv) into the Input folder.

now repeat the process with all the dates you want to analyze.

alternately, you can download a software "nseDataDownloadersetup.exe" from http://www.bhavyait.co.in/resources/downloads.html. Use this software for downloading all the bhavcopy from a particular date to till date.

copy all the bhavcopy files into the input folder and then run "run.bat" file. it will convert all the bhavcopy files into stock.csv files into the quotes\daily folder.

now you can run the "Webotron Stocks.exe" program and start analysis.

I am not very good at documenting procedures and i am sure there will be plenty of queries . I will try to solve each to the best of my ability.

I will cover the analysis part and how to use this software in details in future posts.

Download links

I had uploaded the zipped file to
http://www.filefactory.com/file/agbc...Stocks1_20_rar
or

http:// rapidshare. com/files/221204174/Webotron_Stocks1.20.rar

please remove the space.

for downloading bhavcopy from nse, use this software

http://www.filecart.com/download/365...downloader.php

ps : special thanks to munde for egging me on to start this thread.

Last edited:
linkon

seems a very good instrument

good work :clap::clap::clapping:

well got any idea about the forum tab ...the link doesnt seem to work

thanks

Last edited:

linkon7

The interface of the software looks like this :

There are various systems like macd, rsi aroon etc on the top left box.

On the right box is the name of the stock.

The main box in the centre shows the graph / chart of the stock selected. there are small radio buttons which if activated will highlight the candlesticks, overbought / oversold, resistance and support lines, trend, trendlines etc.

You can look at the graph and see for yourself if the stock u want to analyse is in a up-trend or down trend by the shade of colour. if its overbought or oversold by a small round ball at the bottom of the candlestick etc.

You select any one system and there are further classifications. for example, i have selected macd no. 2 and as per that system, there was a buy in reliance on 18th march at 1300 price level.

This software lets you test various systems (SMA, MACD etc) and each system is highlighted by a buy / sell arrow.

There is a summary button on the top left box and that will make a summary of all the systems (like macd cci, rsi, sma, aroon etc) and tell you in a jist form what each of the indicators are telling you.

i am enclosing a summary for reliance as on end of 6th April'09
_____________________________________________________________________________________
Global Information for RELIANCE.csv (Based on daily datas) 6-APR-2009

The Webotron says ...
This is what Webotron Stocks has to say about this symbol.
Last Prices 6-APR-2009
Open High Low Close Volume
1700.0000 1742.3000 1645.6000 1674.8500 5259028.0000

The Trends
We work with 3 trend periods. Long Term, Medium Term and Short Term. The Long Term Trend is the strongest of these 3 trends and the Short Term Trend the weakest. So, if you get a signal from the Short Term Trend, have a look to the Long Term, too. The Long Term could give the Short Term more power, if their trend direction is the same. If all 3 trends have the same direction, we talk about a strong trend.

The Short Term Trend
The short term trend of this security is BULLISH.

The Medium Term Trend
The medium term trend of this security is BULLISH.

Long Term Trend of this Stock
The long term trend of this security is BULLISH.
Attention: It could be that the long term trend starts to change its trend direction to the downside or enters a trendless phase.

Short Term Reaction (RSI)
The short term Relative Strenght Index (RSI) of this security is above 80. This shows us that the stock is OVERBOUGHT. Mostly the price will fall for a short time. This short term indicator is also a pretty good timing tool, if the stock follows a long term downtrend, this could be a great signal to go short with this stock. This signal tells us nothing about the medium and long term trend.

Die Pivot Points for the next bar.
The floor traders use Pivot Point to determine Support & Resistance lines. The following Pivot Points were calculated for the next trading bar.

Pivot Point Resistance 2: 1784.2833
This ist the 2. resistance line, which could stop a rising price.
Pivot Point Resistance 1: 1729.5667
This ist the 1. resistance line, which could stop a rising price.
Pivot Point: 1687.5833
This is the golden middle of the Pivot Points. A price above this line with an uptrend momentum is a sign to go LONG. A price under this line with an downtrend momentum is a sign to go SHORT.
Pivot Point Support 1: 1632.8667
This ist the 1. support line, which could stop a falling price.
Pivot Point Support 2: 1590.8833
This ist the 2. support line, which could stop a falling price.

The Support & Resistance Line for the next Bars
An external information resource about S&R Lines.
StockCharts.com - Support & Resistance Lines

Resistance Line 2: 1414.1000

Resistance Line 1: 1390.0000

Support Line 1: 1115.3000

Support Line 2: 1065.0000

Bollinger Bands
The distance between the two Bollinger Bands become larger. This is a sign for a trending price.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

linkon7

it gives a detailed report on what all the various indicators are saying about the stock you have selected.

linkon7

I trade only in nifty futures and options and here is how i utilise this software for my judgement. I analyse the top 16 stocks only. Since this 16 stocks make up for 70% of the index weight, a bullish sign in these heavy weights tells me i can safely remain long. The stocks i am reffering to are :

stocks : weight in nifty
RELIANCE: 10.57
ONGC: 8.36
NTPC: 7.88
BHARTIARTL: 7.54
SBIN: 4.3
INFOSYSTCH: 3.95
BHEL: 3.85
ITC: 3.8
TCS: 3.11
HINDUNILVR: 2.99
LT: 2.54
HDFC: 2.49
RCOM: 2.36
ICICIBANK: 2.35
HDFCBANK: 2.25
DLF: 2.11

what i need to know is the over all health of the market. and for that I use the daily journal button on the main interface. it analyses the stocks that i have on my list and details me a report on various things...

like the overall trend of each heavy weight,

linkon7

If any of the heavy weights are making new highs within the past 10 days (2 weeks), 20 days (1 month) and 260 days (52 weeks /1 year)
the premise here is that, a stock making new high in the last 10 days will go on to make a new high in the 20 days and eventually a new high in last year.

linkon7

the relative strength,

linkon7

the trading signals....

linkon7

any volatility outbreak....