Web Charting

kumar_b_s_99 said:
I Want To Make Macd Charts. I Am Having High, Low, Close Prices. I Want Tailor Made Software. Any One Can Help
I am not sure I understand what you are looking for. Can you please explain a bit more? If you just want to view charts for your own analysis I guess you could use any of the free softwares like FCharts. This will let you import the data you have and display the chart. Search for FCharts in this forum, there is a thread that explains in detail how to setup the software for your own use.

SwingTrader

Swing Trader

Regards & kudos to you for your initiative and fabulous work for technical chart followers like us..Yours is a neat and excellent site.
Just a request ..could you also add the ( William % R) indicator to it too.Its a very useful indicator for overbought/oversold levels..It has come handy many a times by me..Also wanted the prices to be displayed over rolling the mouse over the charts..but then you have clarified that its a plain chart..Its a great initiative you have taken for chartists like us..
Thankx once again

MeRC :)

pkjha30

Hi swingtrader
I just went to your site and I must say your logo is very very impressive.
The software you are designing is very complex and internet bandwidth might be an issue. But the way devlopment is progressing it will become truly a must visit site for those who have interest in Indian stock market

i wish you a great success
pankaj

mercm said:
Swing Trader

Regards & kudos to you for your initiative and fabulous work for technical chart followers like us..Yours is a neat and excellent site.
Just a request ..could you also add the ( William % R) indicator to it too.Its a very useful indicator for overbought/oversold levels..It has come handy many a times by me..Also wanted the prices to be displayed over rolling the mouse over the charts..but then you have clarified that its a plain chart..Its a great initiative you have taken for chartists like us..
Thankx once again

MeRC :)
Thanks a lot. I have "Williams %R" on my list of tasks, I will make it available once done. There are few other indicators I am working on too. I will make them available as and when they are ready. I will be posting updates to the main page of the site so please keep checking there regularly.

As for the price display on mouse rollover, I have got few ideas. It is possible to do it for a plan image also but I have to think about how large the page will get. My main aim is to keep the charts page light (small size) so the site is responsive even when one is using a dialup connection. I will be evaluating the price display stuff and if possible add it if it doesn't make the charts too heavy.

--SwingTrader

pkjha30 said:
Hi swingtrader
I just went to your site and I must say your logo is very very impressive.
The software you are designing is very complex and internet bandwidth might be an issue. But the way devlopment is progressing it will become truly a must visit site for those who have interest in Indian stock market

i wish you a great success
pankaj
Thanks for your compliments.

Before I started building the site I gave lot of thought to bandwidth issues, page/chart size etc. My aim is to keep the chart display response to 1-2 sec even if I get thousands of hits per day. I have programmed the charting functionality in such a way that it requires very less resources. Currently the average size of charts being generated by the website is around 41KB which is quite small, so bandwidth is not a problem at the moment. I am keeping a close eye on the site access statistics to see how the bandwidth is increasing. During the past few months the number of hits are increasing at the rate of 25-30% per month. This month it suddenly doubled (total hits this month touched 100,000). But I have lot of spare capacity currently. The total monthly bandwidth usage this month is about 1GB and max per month bandwidth for my site is 50GB so I am comfortable at the moment. I will anyway keep an eye on this and increase capacity when required.

Website performance tunning & optimization is my speciality, that is my main daily job so you can be sure I will be able to manage it. So don't worry and keep charting!!!

Thanks.

--SwingTrader

I hope this message reaches many of those who are using iCharts. The site will be offline for few days. I need to move the site to a different hosting provider. The current provider is giving me lot of trouble and absolutely no support. Both the hosting center and I did not anticipate that there will be such massive surge in interest for the website. Even thought my charting programs have handled the traffic well my hosting center has limits on resource usage per server. They want me to move to a dedicated server which I cannot at this time (too expensive and the current traffic does not justify that).

I will move the site to a different hosting center as early as possible but please understand that it will still take few days. Please bear with me until then.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

--SwingTrader

Hi swingtrader,

maybe you can use a VPS server, VPS allow you much higher processor and other resource usage compared to shared hosting. Though i have no idea on your requirements, just my openion on it.

I had just started using icharts when it went down. Hope to see it back soon.

cls