Web Charting

Hello Everyone,

I have been working on developing web based charting for the Indian Markets since some time. Though it is not at a stage where I can launch the whole website, I am opening it (just the charting part) so I can get suggestions/ideas from everyone.

You can access it at http://www.icharts.in/getchart.php

Only NSE charts are displayed, the symbol format to use is same as on NSE's website. You can search for symbols using NSE's symbol search (I will add it a little later). The symbols for Indicies are NIFTY, CNX200, CNX500, JUNIOR.

This is still work in progress. I need to add/finetune indicators, fix the main display, indicator display etc etc. I can go on, I have a huge list of things to fix/add/change. But I would love to hear from anyone who has suggestions/ideas on how I can improve further.

Thanks.

--SwingTrader

novice1

swingtrader said:
Hello Everyone,

You can access it at http://www.icharts.in/getchart.php

--SwingTrader
Hi SwingTrader,

Nice job.

I tried using a third indicators in the lower portion (CCI) and did not give the parameters. The chart was not displayed when I hit the refresh chart button. After I gave the correct parameters (14,6) the charts displayed properly. My suggestion is in cases where the parameters given are not correct a prompt(saying invalid parameters or something similar) would be a great help so that people are not confused why the chart is not being displayed.

Also do you plan to provide Intra-day charts ? I personally would not mind paying a monthly subscription for such a service. But I need it online since I keep travelling and I need to look at the charts through a web browser.

Thanks for keeping us updated.

Sekhar S

Traderji said:
Hi SwingTrader,

Good to read your post after a long time and its great to read about enterprising website. Keep up the good work.
Thanks Traderji. Yes, I was a bit tied up during the past few weeks, was not at home too so I couldn't keep in touch with the forum. I will try and be active from now.

--SwingTrader

novice1 said:
Hi SwingTrader,

Nice job.

I tried using a third indicators in the lower portion (CCI) and did not give the parameters. The chart was not displayed when I hit the refresh chart button. After I gave the correct parameters (14,6) the charts displayed properly. My suggestion is in cases where the parameters given are not correct a prompt(saying invalid parameters or something similar) would be a great help so that people are not confused why the chart is not being displayed.

Also do you plan to provide Intra-day charts ? I personally would not mind paying a monthly subscription for such a service. But I need it online since I keep travelling and I need to look at the charts through a web browser.

Thanks for keeping us updated.

Sekhar S
Thanks for your very helpful comments. I will be soon displaying default parameters for all indicators, this will give users an idea about the parameter format. Fixing this problem was already on my list but since you have pointed it out I will bump up its priority and do it this weekend itself.

I will think about intraday charts later. I have a lot of work to do on daily charts. Anyway, the software I am building to generate charts would work for intraday charts with minor modifications so I can probably add it later.

--SwingTrader

Here are the indicator parameter formats to use:

Volume - No Parameters (50 SMA of volume is displayed with volume)
Relative Strength Index - Period in days
Fast Stochastics - %K,%D (Example: 5,3)
Slow Stochastics - %K,%D,MA of %K (Example: 5,3,3)
Rate Of Change - Period in days
Momentum - Period in days
Accumulation Distribution - No Parameters
On Balance Volume - No Parameters (OBV & 20 EMA is displayed)
MACD - Fast EMA, Slow EMA, EMA of diff (12,26,9)
Average True Range - Period in days
Commodity Channel Index (CCI) - Period in days
CCI Average - Period in days, EMA period (14,9)
Price Oscillator - Fast EMA, Slow EMA, EMA of diff (12,26,9)

--SwingTrader

Awesome! Hey, are you providing real-time data for charting? If so, do you mind sharing where to get real-time stock quotes. Does nse/bse support client requests for realtime data or are we at the mercy of ServiceProviders?

thanks,
~MR

GR8 work buddy!!! If you would like to enhance you can always provide experts formula like MACD buy signals etc... but then again you might have thought that over
Thanks for all the hard work u had gone thru to put a site like this

mpreddy77 said:
Awesome! Hey, are you providing real-time data for charting? If so, do you mind sharing where to get real-time stock quotes. Does nse/bse support client requests for realtime data or are we at the mercy of ServiceProviders?

thanks,
~MR
Thanks. I have not yet given thought to real-time charting. I am not sure where to get the datafeeds from and before I start thinking about it I need to get EOD charting ready which is going to take some time.

--SwingTrader