Web Charting

Hi Swingtrader,
I truly appreciate the effort. Wanted to make a request .

There are many stocks for which no chart gets generated , is the data available for a few stocks only ??

For example, I tried "Sonatsoft" for Sonata Software and "Vdoconintl " for Videocon International and no chart was generated.

Is there any way those and other missing charts could be made available ?

Best Regards and Thanks again

Vikas

kenneth

Hi SwingTrader,

Great Job!

I tried using different MAs and OSCP by changing the parameter in MACD Works Great

I have just joined this forum. Been out of touch with TA and the market for some time now. I will be looking at these charts daily.

Thanks keep it up

vikasdewan said:
Hi Swingtrader,
I truly appreciate the effort. Wanted to make a request .

There are many stocks for which no chart gets generated , is the data available for a few stocks only ??

For example, I tried "Sonatsoft" for Sonata Software and "Vdoconintl " for Videocon International and no chart was generated.

Is there any way those and other missing charts could be made available ?

Best Regards and Thanks again

Vikas
There is a problem with few charts and I am looking into it. But specifically for Sonata Software, the correct symbol is SONATSOFTW and this works fine. I just checked VDOCONINTL and it works fine too.

Thanks for pointing out the problem though, I know there is a problem with few charts and I will fix these ASAP.

--SwingTrader

Hi Again,
Thx . I just tried it and it does work ... :) I mustve been typing it without the last "w" all the time.

Thanks for the response and keep the good work going. An applaudable effort :)

Swing Trader

Good work indeed.

I use metatsock and find that the indicator values are different from what your chart shows. I suppose you are still working on Indicators (forexample Kale consultants - "kaleconsul" - had an RSI(14) of 67.6 on metastock and your chart displayed 63.6). Some of the indicators such as exponential moving averages and even RSI use a long history of Data - technically from the start of the first trading in the stock. While you may not need to look back that far you should look back at least two years to generate these value for them to be correct.

Also, I am sure you have seen it already and perhaps modelled on it - but check www.stockcharts.com. Stockcharts offers annotation tools such as drawing trendlines and Fibonacci retracements. I am not a techie - but if it is just a simple addition, you should probably considering adding that facility too.

Regards

mpreddy77 said:
Awesome! Hey, are you providing real-time data for charting? If so, do you mind sharing where to get real-time stock quotes. Does nse/bse support client requests for realtime data or are we at the mercy of ServiceProviders?

thanks,
~MR

U can use 5Paisa tt5 , ie Trader Terminal 5 for real time quotes and simple intraday charts .

Huzefa .

Vandana84 said:
Swing Trader

Good work indeed.

I use metatsock and find that the indicator values are different from what your chart shows. I suppose you are still working on Indicators (forexample Kale consultants - "kaleconsul" - had an RSI(14) of 67.6 on metastock and your chart displayed 63.6). Some of the indicators such as exponential moving averages and even RSI use a long history of Data - technically from the start of the first trading in the stock. While you may not need to look back that far you should look back at least two years to generate these value for them to be correct.

Also, I am sure you have seen it already and perhaps modelled on it - but check www.stockcharts.com. Stockcharts offers annotation tools such as drawing trendlines and Fibonacci retracements. I am not a techie - but if it is just a simple addition, you should probably considering adding that facility too.

Regards
Thanks for your valuable input.

Yes, I am still working on the indicators and will be re-checking & fine tuning all computations. For EMAs I go back 3 months, I will try and see how far I can go without slowing down the computation too much.

I have used stockcharts.com before, including their premium subscription (in fact I used to trade stocks while I was in US exclusively using charts from stockcharts.com's premium subscription). Any interactive content like annotation or trendlines would require active software like Activex or Applet which I will not be using at the moment. Will think about it later.

--SwingTrader

Hello SwingTrader,
Would you be able to share info on the software you are using to generate the charts. HAve u built the charting section from scratch or are u using a library.
Thanks
anil