We want to Develop a Trading Method.

jamit_05

Hi All,

I am starting this thread to bring together a group or even groups of people who have similar trading goals. I mean, the ones who want to day trade forex/stocks/commodities could sit together, brainstorm and come-up with their own method of trading. Additionally, the group can work on their pschological weakness as well.

Nothing is better than working in a team and as a team.

Amit.
jamit05@**********

PS: I am sure this effort will prove invaluable.

Last edited:

chintan786

Re: We want to Develope a Trading Method.

i am also thinking on something like this but wht i get is ..it is more fruitful and possible .. if team sit together face to face......otherwise it is more like sharing "edge" or experience one person have.

chintan

R

ratan jain

Let me know when u brainstorm up a few systems ..... :)

Can some one give few examples , what a trading method will be like ? ..sorry if I sound like total crap :| .

jamit_05

Clear Direction.

Hi All,

The idea behind this thread is to help facilitate formation of group/groups whose members have one common goal which they can achieve together.

I am thinking, one good way to start would be to provide specific details, which will help formation of common grounds. I mean, we cannot mix up someone who wants to trade intraday commodities with a stock swing trader.

The following is one such list of questions :

1) Kind of market one wants to trade (Eg: Forex, stocks, commodities)

2) Is one comfortable with the use of the most common tools of Technical Analysis like EMA, MACD, Trendlines, etc.

3) City (in case personal meets can be set. [tks chintan786])

jamit_05

My Answers.

1) Kind of market one wants to trade (Eg: Forex, stocks, commodities)
My Answer: Mostly forex. However, if need be I could be a part of a group which does the following
  1. wanting to invest (not trade) individual stocks
  2. Trade in NIFTY futures
  3. Trading select commodities like crude and precious metals ONLY.

2) Is one comfortable with the use of the most common tools of Technical Analysis like EMA, MACD, Trendlines, etc.

My Answer: Yes.

3) City (in case personal meets can be set.)

My Answer: Mumbai, India

jamit_05

Team Work.

It is usually a gut reaction for buddying traders to find a quick way out. What they do not realize is that it takes a lot of effort, focus and knowledge. After achieving these it takes significant psychological strength to be successful trader. Hence formation of a team can be of great help. Come to think of it, This is a quick way out!

SGM

Re: Team Work.

It is usually a gut reaction for buddying traders to find a quick way out. What they do not realize is that it takes a lot of effort, focus and knowledge. After achieving these it takes significant psychological strength to be successful trader. Hence formation of a team can be of great help. Come to think of it, This is a quick way out!
Hello Jamit

To get you started I will post (after the markets) a template of a detailed trading plan available on another forum.

If you check out jesse's (CreditViolet) old posts / blog you will find a process / flowchart for system development but use that at a later stage when you make some progress.

Meanwhile have a look at 2 systems that have been successfully running on this very forum.

1. Nadoda's Stop and Reverse System for trading Nifty Future, averaging about 300 Points / month till now, running live here for about 5 months.

2. Saint's trend following system, which he has given out in detail in his Teach to Fish thread. This system has been used from weekly time frame to intraday 5 Mins candles.

Developing a system on a public platform is a tough call, but i wish you all the very best. There is lot of info / codes / experimentations available here, do look around.

One question, how much time you are ready to give this process of system development a week, a month, a year or would it be 3/4 years?

Regards
Sanjay