We complained against a broker on nse website and escalated to arbitration but NSE rejected.

newtrader101

Can you please suggest which broker you like? give me 2 names please.
Nobody is perfect.
But these are brokers who in my experience, are comfortable to work with:
Finvasia, Zerodha (discount)
Sharekhan

Have used Fyers, Tradejini, Angelbroking, Samco also.

Last edited:

TracerBullet

Can you please suggest which broker you like? give me 2 names please.
I have traded with finvasia, wisdom, IB, fyers, 5Paisa, zerodha.
Except 5Paisa, all were ok execution wise.

Occasional problems can happen with any broker but better to avoid if problem is frequent.
Once account grows in size, then we also need to be comfortable with keeping money with broker. Only have that comfort with Zerodha.

newtrader101

I have traded with finvasia, wisdom, IB, fyers, 5Paisa, zerodha.
Except 5Paisa, all were ok execution wise.

Occasional problems can happen with any broker but better to avoid if problem is frequent.
Once account grows in size, then we also need to be comfortable with keeping money with broker. Only have that comfort with Zerodha.
I had thought IB would be the most smooth.

TracerBullet

I had thought IB would be the most smooth.
IB has great, probably best, platform. But cannot trade intraday with stocks( leverage and shorting issues with cash). And their quarterly settlement sucks with 3-4 hour delay. For overnight and with fno they are good. Data is good enough too with api. But they face issues as well. I think i have seen atleast 2 outages in last 1-2 years in Fno, lasting ~3 hours each.

Z makes a lot of profit so they are much better prepared to handle shocks vs others - so capital is safer with them. And platform is good, api too.

IB has great, probably best, platform. But cannot trade intraday with stocks( leverage and shorting issues with cash). And their quarterly settlement sucks with 3-4 hour delay. For overnight and with fno they are good. Data is good enough too with api. But they face issues as well. I think i have seen atleast 2 outages in last 1-2 years in Fno, lasting ~3 hours each.

Z makes a lot of profit so they are much better prepared to handle shocks vs others - so capital is safer with them. And platform is good, api too.
What is brokerage at Interactive brokers?

Same as discount brokers, 20 per order ( but only for qty under 100 lots).
Also brokerage minimum 200 +gst pm. So every month if brokerage is less than that, they will charge balance.

Today IB went down for approx 1 hour. Application disconnected.
Do they offer collateral margin if we pledge shares ?
if yes do they charge any interest on that?
Also I checked this link
https://www.interactivebrokers.co.in/en/index.php?f=commission-india&p=nse
What does it mean when it says 1 bps ?

Also can we buy direct MF from them and pledge it get collateral margin?
Thanks for sharing.

TracerBullet

mastermind007

You can write to moneylife magazine. Sign up for their subscription and send them a letter. It is run by Sucheta Dalal and her husband.

You may send a legal notice to NSE / SEBI requesting response in 30-45 days and if you get nothing then follow it up with a police complaint at your local police station u/s IPC 420 with all papers attached. You can also file a case at your local sessions court .... All this will force you to buy a new footwear sooner.