WD GANN Trading concept

Do u believe in W.D. Gann Trading Concept/Strategy?

• YES

Votes: 131 64.9%
  • NO

Votes: 20 9.9%
  • MAY BE

Votes: 21 10.4%
  • DON'T KNOW

Votes: 30 14.9%

• Total voters

whisky

Markets move because of the uncertainty of prices. If prices were definite and if everyone could predict the exact highs and lows of the market, then stock markets would not exist!

And regarding the square of nine excel sheets and websites - kindly avoid them. Why?

There is a definite relationship in between the prices and the time. This keeps on changing throughout the day. This is what which cause supports to become resistances / vice versa.

The square of nine calculator commonly found in the internet just considers the last traded price or VWAP. So where do we input the time factors?

Think about it. You will realize the underlying sincerity of this post. Trading is a risky business. Only those who spent their own share of time doing their homework will succeed in this venture. If you are looking for shortcuts to success, then thanks for your money! We need newer batches of fools to enter the markets everyday - it provides the liquidity apart from the usual gimmicks of the FIIs.

@santoshdts Murray is an interesting guy. He proclaims it is not necessary to include time while forecasting prices. Time is the only element which we can forecast accurately. Five minutes from now, I can say it will be 07:18 in India. Can you do that with the EURUSD pair? Or any other tradable commodity? Gann believed in equating time and the price - and then to take trading decisions. Perhaps, it is of no wonder that Murray needs 1000$ monthly subscription fee to support himself.

@nsrajput Gann, Murray, Bayer, (insert anyone's name who is in the business of forecasting the market) - all used Fibonacci series to reinvent the wheel. Heck even camarilla equations are biased on the value 27.5 which is the midpoint of 21 and 34 (two adjacent Fibonacci numbers).
Guru cha gaye, thoko tali:clapping:

mastermind007

----------------------------------------------------------

Dear Friends,

I have few queries on Gann. Request all those who have experienced in it to share their experience and reply to my queries.

1.) How to take entry ? Should one place SL orders at the levels we get or one should wait and see if markets are sustaining at those levels or not?

2.) As trading starts @ 9:15 we get levels by 9:30 i.e. after entering WAP of first 15 mins.
If any of the levels aren't triggered by 11:30 or 12 what to be done in that case?

3.) Is wap different then ATP? from where can I get WAP?

4.) I read somewhere if used with Candlesticks it will increase accuracy.
But it wasn't mention what candle and at what time frame as trading is for intraday only?

5.) what to do in the Mid way, suppose I login at 12 pm then?

6.) How to apply Trailing SL in it?

7.) Is volatility to be considered?

8.) What if after entering the trade it starts consolidating, for how long one should wait before exiting?

9.) What should be the position size as we have only one SL and 3 to 5 achievable targets in intraday?

10.) Can it be used for positional trading then how?

11.) We have to enter only WAP or LTP in Gann calc, but some are using High/Low what is the difference in both?

12.) What is Gann's accuracy?

13.) How to re-enter after SL triggered?

Thank you.

Regards

I am trading using GANN's square of 9 from 7 months, and it gives some profits. I am a commodity trader especially in Crude and using GANN in Crude only. GANN's is only for Intraday. I will wait for minutes after the market opening to get a stable price, if got it, use it in Gann and write down the levels, enter only after 11.00 AM, to get the confirm. When first target achieved, SL revised to the entry price. Every day i am getting Minimum 10 Points in Crude.

I am trading using GANN's square of 9 from 7 months, and it gives some profits. I am a commodity trader especially in Crude and using GANN in Crude only. GANN's is only for Intraday. I will wait for minutes after the market opening to get a stable price, if got it, use it in Gann and write down the levels, enter only after 11.00 AM, to get the confirm. When first target achieved, SL revised to the entry price. Every day i am getting Minimum 10 Points in Crude.
Pardon me for asking this dumb question. How much does that 10 points in crude translate into actual Rupees and profits as brokerages and Taxes ?

I have tried to understand this concept. The way it is presented is very much captivating and mystifying. However I really do not think it has any merits particularly in Indian stock markets, which has been considered as govt authorised gambling den. Every business is speculative. The grocery vendor too is speculative that there will be buyers for the product that he purchases and keeps. However Indian stock market is run more on emotions than any sensible data.

In such as market how can a mathematically derived formula work unless SEBI orders that every one should use certain formula to trade ?

Another issue is the how the values are derived with this indicator.

For example base value of price from 121 to 143 is the same 100.

The stocks in these price ranges can trend very much same for days or even months. So how does today becomes different from yesterday or even tomorrow from this mathematical point of view?

Sudden and large fluctuations cannot be anticipated or factored in this method. Every market has its own behavior patterns that change from time to time too.

So how can an a broad indicator show any sensible digits in these markets? Consider those stocks that change on 5 paise up or down to a maximum of +-15 paise on extreme cases?

The maximum one can expect is a range in a broad spectrum. For that reason alone this indicator hardly falls into the category of an intraday indicator atleast for Indian stock market.

It is extremely difficult to commit that any one indicator is the best and yet I would mildly suggest to look at camrilla indicator with certain differences in the way it is computed. You may (need to) experiment with the computational part. Since the thread does not belong to that indicator I am restricting my view here.

Sorry for a long and awfully negative post.

mastermind007

I have tried to understand this concept. The way it is presented is very much captivating and mystifying. However I really do not think it has any merits particularly in Indian stock markets, which has been considered as govt authorised gambling den. Every business is speculative. The grocery vendor too is speculative that there will be buyers for the product that he purchases and keeps. However Indian stock market is run more on emotions than any sensible data.

In such as market how can a mathematically derived formula work unless SEBI orders that every one should use certain formula to trade ?

Another issue is the how the values are derived with this indicator.

For example base value of price from 121 to 143 is the same 100.

The stocks in these price ranges can trend very much same for days or even months. So how does today becomes different from yesterday or even tomorrow from this mathematical point of view?

Sudden and large fluctuations cannot be anticipated or factored in this method. Every market has its own behavior patterns that change from time to time too.

So how can an a broad indicator show any sensible digits in these markets? Consider those stocks that change on 5 paise up or down to a maximum of +-15 paise on extreme cases?

The maximum one can expect is a range in a broad spectrum. For that reason alone this indicator hardly falls into the category of an intraday indicator atleast for Indian stock market.

It is extremely difficult to commit that any one indicator is the best and yet I would mildly suggest to look at camrilla indicator with certain differences in the way it is computed. You may (need to) experiment with the computational part. Since the thread does not belong to that indicator I am restricting my view here.

Sorry for a long and awfully negative post.
-------------

Last edited:

radha55

Stockmaniacs is pirate guy.
He has copied the origincal Gann calculator from pivottrading.net.

Here are sufficient materials for anyone wanting to trade and learn gann square of nine.

Simple Gann Square of Nine (Traditionally created by Sourabh from Pivottrading.Net)
http://www.pivottrading.co.in/pages/gannSquareof9.php

Advanced Gann Square of Nine (Enhanced version to have more successful trades. Traditional / Original Gann Calculator is now copied across many websites.)
http://www.pivottrading.co.in/pages/advancedGannSquareof9.php

Forex Gann Square of Nine
http://www.pivottrading.co.in/pages/forexGannSquare.php

Positional/Swing Gann Square of Nine (Providing levels for positional and swing trading.)
http://www.pivottrading.co.in/pages/gannPositional.php

Ebook describing how traditional Gann Square of Nine was created (By Sourabh).
http://sites.google.com/site/intradayautomatedsoftware/Gann.pdf

Realtime Advanced Gann Square Nine Calculation for all NSE scrips (Just a click and use get gann levels automatically for any scrip)
http://pivottrading.co.in/trade/realtimeAdvancedGann.php

Analyze and learn how people have copied traditional gann square of nine and could not copy other calculators from original designer of Gann Calculator.
Though this technique belongs to W.D Gann but, i first saw this on Pivottrading.Net in a very simple way.
And no other website or author has published so many variations of Gann Square like this website.

radha55

I am not sure. I use them from website. Drop a mail to them. They should revert back.