Want to buy Amibroker license

lemondew

Can a licence be transferred from one owner to another and will it still be legal. May be someone from amibroker answer that.

I think it is possible. Imagine you were selling your laptop and along with it you are selling the OS that came installed with the machine. After the sale the license of the os is transfered to the new owner. Doesn't that make sense?

Not sure if it can be done but none the less it's a very good idea :up:

I guess you will need to change the email ID linked to the licence to effect a sale

But are you aware Amibroker License has limitations?
i.e its free to use for every, but upgrades limited to 2 years only from the date of purchase.
So also mention if you are ready to buy an old licence, say pre 2018?

All the best, and keep us posted

Maybe due to your initiative TJ will now become the next OLX for Trading related software :DD

lemondew

The email associated with purchase will still be that of old owner and amibroker may not give you support. Better ask amibroker support for same. If you just dont want anything from ami support and just want the ami up and running then you can take licence key from other owner and go ahead.
I think it is possible. Imagine you were selling your laptop and along with it you are selling the OS that came installed with the machine. After the sale the license of the os is transfered to the new owner. Doesn't that make sense?

lemondew

From licence.txt

You may permanently transfer all of your rights under this EULA, provided you retain no copies, you transfer all of the Software (including all component parts, the media and printed materials, any upgrades, this EULA and, if applicable, the Certificate of Authenticity), and the recipient agrees to the terms of this EULA. If the Software is an upgrade, any transfer must include all prior versions of the Software.

So i think one can buy a second hand amibroker :up::up::up:

Lemondew i want to be able to post in amibroker forum. So i need the email to be changed OR if the previous owner had used a temp email then he must be willing to handover the email account to me. As far as updates are concerned I don't need them.

Anyone interested pls pm me.

So i think one can buy a second hand amibroker :up::up::up:
No, AmiBroker.com does not allow license transfer.

Lemondew i want to be able to post in amibroker forum. So i need the email to be changed OR if the previous owner had used a temp email then he must be willing to handover the email account to me. As far as updates are concerned I don't need them.

Anyone interested pls pm me.
You will not get access. You only get access if you purchase yourself from official website www.amibroker.com
There is not any other website/people allowed to sell AmiBroker license.

Read posts by AmiBroker.com owner:
https://forum.amibroker.com/t/do-no...-nobody-in-india-is-allowed-to-sell-ab/8104/2

Genuine licenses are available only from AmiBroker.com
Please note that AmiBroker.com site is the only authorized shop for AmiBroker licenses worldwide. Only direct purchases guarantee access to software, members' zone, support and other services.

The only place to buy legal licenses is directly via our web site:

http://www.amibroker.com/order.html
ANY other place is invalid and illegal. If you buy from anybody else license will NOT work.

https://www.amibroker.com/terms.html

You agree that licenses for AmiBroker.com software products may not be transferred, exchanged, distributed or resold to persons or entities other than the persons or entities placing this order or upon whose behalf this order has been placed without the express written permission of AmiBroker.com.

You agree that AmiBroker.com shall have the right to terminate your license and your use of licensed products owned by AmiBroker.com at such time as a breech of this agreement or of the specific license agreements for the software products is discovered by AmiBroker.com, brought to your attention in writing and which remains unresolved for a period in excess of thirty (30) calendar days beyond the date upon which you are notified of said breech. Upon termination of your license, you will undertake to delete and destroy all licensed materials, copies thereof and registration codes provided to you by AmiBroker.com. AmiBroker.com shall not be required to provide you with redress, compensation, replacement or refund in the event of the termination of your product licenses as the result of an agreement breech.