Want to buy a printer

cloudTrader

I have Canon Pixma MP- 287 inkjet printer. Ink tank fitted separately. total cost INR 5200-5500. Just refill and use. 10-15 paise per page cost.
Note : take at least one print in 2-3 days so that ink may not dry.
What was the cost for fitting the Ink Tank Separately & does this fitting require major changes in the printer system?
Also Ink Tank is being supplied by Canon itself or some other company ?

Thanks.

Krushna

I have Canon Pixma MP- 287 inkjet printer. Ink tank fitted separately. total cost INR 5200-5500. Just refill and use. 10-15 paise per page cost.
Note : take at least one print in 2-3 days so that ink may not dry.
Thank you all for your replies.
Canon Pixma MP- 287 looks like a great option. Please explain few more things, as I have never used a printer before.
1) What I need is basically a B&W printer, but wouldnt mind having a colour one with scanner in this price range. My only problem is, when most of my prinitng would be black and white, what would happen to the colour ink?
2) Suppose I am travelling somewhere for say a week or so, then it will be a problem if there is nobody else to use the printer.
3) Supposing such a situation arises and ink dries up, how much loss would that be? I mean how much does refilling the ink tank once with original ink cost? Or does dried ink also damages the printer?
4) What is the benefit of seperately fitted ink tank?

Regards
Krushna.

Last edited:

Krushna

http://www.canon.co.in/business/pro...et-multi-function/pixma-mp287?languageCode=EN

https://www.google.co.in/search?q=C.....69i57j0l5.1257j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Anyway, drying up is a big problem with the Inkjet printers, while humidity is a problem for the laser printers (not a huge one).

Suggestion, get the prints done at a local cybercafe for 2-3 months then decide.

Actually I would have finalised Laser if only it wasnt for my very suspicious nature (cant help it :( )and what I read about the particles a Laser printer blows up in the surroundings that are bad for health.

Krushna, if you don't have much experience with printing, I would still suggest that you go for printing your images at a cybercafe or something for a month or so. If, after that, you still feel like you need one on hand 24x7, then go for buying one.

If you are mainly for B&W printers, then laser would be the best thing for you. And nearly all the printers these days are copier/scanner/printer.

As for the safety of the laser printer, have you heard of xerox machines blowing up ??

With inkjet printers, it's not the ink tank that's the real problem, it is the print head which is likely to get clogged up and need replacement. It may or may not be covered under the warranty. A print head costs nearly 80% of the inkjet printer cost.

If the budget increased to 10 k and requirement is black and white prints only (no scanner) then the best one is HP lasterjet 1020 plus. This one is heavy duty printers mostly used in government offices.
If scanner is also required then HP laserjet m1005 the one best in market but costs approx 15 k. Both are b/w printers.

If the budget increased to 10 k and requirement is black and white prints only (no scanner) then the best one is HP lasterjet 1020 plus. This one is heavy duty printers mostly used in government offices.
If scanner is also required then HP laserjet m1005 the one best in market but costs approx 15 k. Both are b/w printers.
1020+ .. still around, is it ? Was hot stuff 10-12 years ago too. I used the whole series, HP 1000, 1005, 1020, plus.... great printers for B&W.