Want to buy a printer

Krushna

Hi,

this is something I should have done a long time before in my trading journey. I have decided to buy a black and white printer to print out the charts of my daily trades.
I would need to take max 7-8 printouts per trading day. Most of the times just half of that. My budget is about 6K.
Which printer shall I go for? Company/model?
I searched for the comparison of ink jet printers with laser printers and the thing that has left me worried is that the particles that laser printer blows up while printing are harmful to health. But would that be a concern when it comes to not even 10 prints per day?

Regards
Krushna.

LOVEENAJYOTHI

I have Canon Pixma MP- 287 inkjet printer. Ink tank fitted separately. total cost INR 5200-5500. Just refill and use. 10-15 paise per page cost.
Note : take at least one print in 2-3 days so that ink may not dry.
Plz explain abt Ink tank,
Is it a custom fitting u got done after bought the printer ?
Plz upload image/s if possible.

LOVEENAJYOTHI

http://www.canon.co.in/business/pro...et-multi-function/pixma-mp287?languageCode=EN

https://www.google.co.in/search?q=C.....69i57j0l5.1257j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Anyway, drying up is a big problem with the Inkjet printers, while humidity is a problem for the laser printers (not a huge one).

Suggestion, get the prints done at a local cybercafe for 2-3 months then decide.
Thanks @timepass,
NOT looking for company specifications TP,
Im interested in the separately fitted ink tank (Tweak) and @doonyadav's practical experience.

sumosanammain

Laser Printer.... Canon Laser Shot LBP 2900B
Best... around 8000 Rs
Cartridge good for about 2000 prints.
Heavy printing handled beautifully
Cartridge refill costs around 200 Rs.

Inkjet, the cartridge acts randomly, if you dont print for a few days, it dries our, and you have to spend on a new cartridge. More than that, its infuriating when you want to print, and all you get are shaded papers instead of prints. Avoid Inkjets

doonyadav

Plz explain abt Ink tank,
Is it a custom fitting u got done after bought the printer ?
Plz upload image/s if possible.
It was fitted buy the vendor i bought from. Any service person can fit this. if you want company fitted try Epson printer ( very cost efficient ).
Refill bottle 200-300/ set (for all 4 colour). total print in one refill 3000-5000. It is Copy+Print+Scan

Last edited:

LOVEENAJYOTHI

It was fitted buy the vendor i bought from. Any service person can fit this. if you want company fitted try Epson printer ( very cost efficient ).
Refill bottle 200-300/ set (for all 4 colour). total print in one refill 3000-5000. It is Copy+Print+Scan
Thanks @doonyadav,
Epson Model ? (that u recommended above).
Edit: Just saw the images, so not much space required for extra fittings:)