walchand nagar bonus

Hi friends,

I ordered my broker to buy 50 walchand @740 on 26th feb.

He said my order was carried forward and shares got deposited in my account on 4th March.there fore I will not be getting bonus share.

Is that true? what could be the reason behind that, what should I do in this case? Please advise

Hi friends,

I ordered my broker to buy 50 walchand @740 on 26th feb.

He said my order was carried forward and shares got deposited in my account on 4th March.there fore I will not be getting bonus share.

Is that true? what could be the reason behind that, what should I do in this case? Please advise
Hi there,

Record date for Walchandnagar Industries stock split & bonus issue was 03 March 2008. Hence you are not eligible/entitled to receive the bonus shares.

~Finvestor

I'm sorry, but what dilwilmil says is true. We are some of the very few unlucky people to face this issue. However there's a silver lining to the whole thing.
The stock was to be split 1:5 and a bonus of 5 shares for every one held on the record date was to be issued from the free reserves of the company.
The problem is that the next day the market priced in a 1:10 share discount and the bonus component of 5 shares have not been issued as yet. You are lucky to have those 50 shares clear in your DP. I should have a similar no of shares but I don't I have only 25.

Think about it. I paid 100 % for my shares and now they are worth only 50% as I donot have the rest of the 50% ready for delivery.

If the 123 Nuclear deal goes through you are bound to be repaid handsomely for your efforts. Best of luck, just have patience. I've been holding onto these scrips from the time they broke the circuit at 2620.
Check it out.
Walchand Nagar Yah*o*o* c*o*m Chart
Code:
http://finance.yah**.COm/echarts?s=WALCHANNA.NS#chart4:symbol=walchanna.ns;range=1y;indicator=split+dividend;charttype=candlestick;crosshair=cross;logscale=on;source=undefined

C

Czar

If the 123 Nuclear deal goes through you are bound to be repaid handsomely for your efforts. Best of luck, just have patience. I've been holding onto these scrips from the time they broke the circuit at 2620.
Check it out.
Walchand Nagar Yah*o*o* c*o*m Chart
Code:
http://finance.yah**.COm/echarts?s=WALCHANNA.NS#chart4:symbol=walchanna.ns;range=1y;indicator=split+dividend;charttype=candlestick;crosshair=cross;logscale=on;source=undefined
so what does walchand have to do with the nuclear deal ?

Dear Experts,

Pls guide me. I have invested at a high price of Rs.9000 (before split & bonus -10 shares). My investment in todays date in less than half, is it worth holding it or should I book my losses.

Thanks in advance for your valuable guidance

pr_shetty