Volume Profile trading Strategy

mohan.sic

Hey guys , I am starting this thread for discussion of volume profile strategies. Others too please share your volume profile journey from here , lets learn together
Good. Nice to see this initiative.
These kind of studies give little enthusiasm as many are tired of same old methods of TA and indicators.

Hope this goes well and it really has substance.

GoCharting

Good. Nice to see this initiative.
These kind of studies give little enthusiasm as many are tired of same old methods of TA and indicators.

Hope this goes well and it really has substance.
One other thing that we will definitely release in a month or two is Footprint Charts which I believe is not available in any other platform on the web. We should be able to cover the depth and breadth of Orderflow very soon

In fact there are a few uber cool features in GoCharting today which give you tremendous predictive power based on orderflow and orderbooks. Unfortunately, those features are today applicable to only the cryptocurremcy segment. One being the Dynamic Support and Resistance - the algo will draw lines of support and resistance which are dynamic and based on high volume open orders in the orderbook at any point in time. Such features will be disruptive in the Indian markets but it requires access to the complete orderbook of a stock or futures asset - we have not yet been able to identify a single data vendor that provides orderbook data at an affordable price in the Indian markets

Last edited:
One other thing that we will definitely release in a month or two is Footprint Charts which I believe is not available in any other platform on the web. We should be able to cover the depth and breadth of Orderflow very soon

In fact there are a few uber cool features in GoCharting today which give you tremendous predictive power based on orderflow and orderbooks. Unfortunately, those features are today applicable to only the cryptocurremcy segment. One being the Dynamic Support and Resistance - the algo will draw lines of support and resistance which are dynamic and based on high volume open orders in the orderbook at any point in time. Such features will be disruptive in the Indian markets but it requires access to the complete orderbook of a stock or futures asset - we have not yet been able to identify a single data vendor that provides orderbook data at an affordable price in the Indian markets
Yupe , but 95% of people here dont do crypto , please bring nifty 50 futures and your user base will blow up.

GoCharting

Yupe , but 95% of people here dont do crypto , please bring nifty 50 futures and your user base will blow up.
Footprint Charts will be available on NSE. We will get there with Nifty 50 futures as well if we have everyone's support in this forum

Assuming our data vendor ask for a per user exchange fee, how much do you think is a price that an average retail trader in this forum will be willing to pay for a premium plan covering the entire NSE FnO or MCX

bashasm

Footprint Charts will be available on NSE. We will get there with Nifty 50 futures as well if we have everyone's support in this forum

Assuming our data vendor ask for a per user exchange fee, how much do you think is a price that an average retail trader in this forum will be willing to pay for a premium plan covering the entire NSE FnO or MCX
support also depends on how aggressively you price

GoCharting

support also depends on how aggressively you price
Assuming its a price discovery session what would be an acceotable range for you. I need a reference point to initiate the negotiation. If I leave it to them they can pivot it at an exhorbitant reference point. I need some price discovery stats

How about websocket to your database --> your database to websocket to clients like us , you can just stream to unlimited users.