Vishal Malkan

hello to all ,

i am putting forth a diff viewpoint .

1)kudos to the malkan couple for they charge a hefty amount for the course . the way they have done their brand positioning is something to learn from . (reminds me of arindham chaudhuri )

2) personally i dont believe in such courses . they might give u strategy or two or might impart some knowledge on ta ( but ) they cant teach u how to be a trader.

3) on the other hand we must not forget that people like larry williams and even steve nisson had also been conducting courses . albeit some of the members of this forum might disagree that those are big names or they were imparting technical analysis knowledge skills etc .

4)many traders have written books ( definitely not for charity ) but for earnings .

can on the basis of para 3 and 4 can we club all them that they are all failed traders.

thanks

with warm reagrds

sumit

PS --- NOT IN ANYWAY CONNECTED WITH MALKAN'S (NEITHER DEFENDING THEM NOR AGAINST THEM )

amitrandive

hello to all ,

i am putting forth a diff viewpoint .

1)kudos to the malkan couple for they charge a hefty amount for the course . the way they have done their brand positioning is something to learn from . (reminds me of arindham chaudhuri )

2) personally i dont believe in such courses . they might give u strategy or two or might impart some knowledge on ta ( but ) they cant teach u how to be a trader.

3) on the other hand we must not forget that people like larry williams and even steve nisson had also been conducting courses . albeit some of the members of this forum might disagree that those are big names or they were imparting technical analysis knowledge skills etc .

4)many traders have written books ( definitely not for charity ) but for earnings .

can on the basis of para 3 and 4 can we club all them that they are all failed traders.

thanks

with warm reagrds

sumit

PS --- NOT IN ANYWAY CONNECTED WITH MALKAN'S (NEITHER DEFENDING THEM NOR AGAINST THEM )
Just because you want to learn driving doesn't mean you should go ahead and buy a Rolls Royce.

http://www.traderji.com/general-trading-investing-chat/96368-general-trading-chat.html#post1074261

Last edited:

Jai Mata Di

Trading is not childs game, that can not be learn in trading schools.
No trading school can tought how to build Trading psychology . :D

Many analyst talk before TV or start a trading school, bcoz they can't able manage their real trades. :lol:
Analysing a trade, telling current trend & support resistance is easy.
But managing a trade in fast changing dynamic market like today is very difficult to achieve.

Most poeple book profit lately bcoz of greed, they freeze in fear with adverse conditions (when market changes direction very fast), they book profit quickly bcoz of impatience, carry losses bcoz of hope. All these are mental blocks. No trading school can teach this Trading Psychology to clear those mental blocks.

Needless to say, not everyone can achieve it too. If everyone can learn trading using money power(paying big fee to professional traders) then all rich people would be a trader...:rofl:

Happy Trading.

H.C.

oilman5

excellent thread. Yes that Lady malkan appeared before TV ,proving a trader first fail then join as con tv artist. But Senior apparenty knows and very good to explain background of psychology in trading.
"Trading is not childs game, that can not be learn in trading schools.
No trading school can tought how to build Trading psychology" -jai mata di.

Yes trading can be taught & it takes about 5 yr to under a good trader to be full proof trader . Total aspect of trading can be created /taught with a structured approach ,some hints i mention.
1] basic of economy
2] stat & probability
3] management a/c & corporate finance
4] forecasting & valuation
5] strategic management & FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT

Under TA - Development of TA as per cronology - DOW THEORY, LIVERMORE, GANN, ELLIOTT THEORY, DARVAS BOX- TURTLE BREAK OUT , HURST CYCLE- BB, LINDA -REVERSAL CONCEPT, CHAOS FROM Dr WILLIAM,EFFICIENT MARKET,SAM SEIDEN' DEMAND/SUPPLY

SOME GOOD BOOKS
1] INVESTOR'S PSYCHOLOGY EXPLAINED -PRING
2] MARKET MOMENTUM -PRING
3] PSYCHOLOGY OF TA -TONY PLUMMER
4] TREND DYNAMICS
5] PRICE ACTION STUDY

DEVELOPMENT OF TRADING PSYCHOLOGY

VAN THARP
DR. ELDER
MARK DOGLOUS
ARI KIEV

ANY STD BOOK ON TRADING SYSTEM DESIGN' also helpful to start. For me this is academic , but real trading starts from market,real time execution, use of a std software, to search defining opportunity,understanding risk/reward, applying STOP,
Next step - 3 things - trend continuation & reversal
sideways market
volatility
atleast 3 style- breakout, swing, pullback
Toughest - which time frame to suit u, and what present is doing and shall do in near future ?
habit of discipline, writing trade plan before, execution as per it,then write journal until it becomes habit.
A tool to define- when market condition changing?
...........................for me it took about 11 yr to learn,10 yr a total fool,where as one yr under Pro, Yes still i learn many thing by paying to do some finetuning / quickly understanding some aspect.
yes market is the best teacher,flexibility & understanding comes from real time experience - can not be taught but may be guided .

Sometimes many a trader here in traderji, explains - that may help to new learner.
But free psychology lecture from Vishal Malkan is good. To learn read/listen view of sam Seiden -just google.

Trading is not childs game, that can not be learn in trading schools.
No trading school can tought how to build Trading psychology . :D

Many analyst talk before TV or start a trading school, bcoz they can't able manage their real trades. :lol:
Analysing a trade, telling current trend & support resistance is easy.
But managing a trade in fast changing dynamic market like today is very difficult to achieve.

Most poeple book profit lately bcoz of greed, they freeze in fear with adverse conditions (when market changes direction very fast), they book profit quickly bcoz of impatience, carry losses bcoz of hope. All these are mental blocks. No trading school can teach this Trading Psychology to clear those mental blocks.

Needless to say, not everyone can achieve it too. If everyone can learn trading using money power(paying big fee to professional traders) then all rich people would be a trader...:rofl:

Happy Trading.

H.C.
Bondhu.........one of the hall of fame post in TRADERJI.........

prst

The deadliest misconception still is that trading is a kind of linear academic pursuit like MBA degree, requiring level clearing spanning months. Despite the irony that trading world has no entry threshold. Anyone with fair intelligence, natural concentration and grounded common sense can learn the TA basics in less than a week. Add another 4-6 weeks for practice on demo account or paper trading to get the hang of money management and position sizing discipline, and one is ready to go live with as little as 15-20k. Rest of the learning, and knowledge of finer details come gradually with experience of trading the live market. It is the unconscious lurking of BMW-in-a-year kind of dreams that stretches the process from weeks to months to years.
Lots of ppl have this misconception. Their ignorance is misused by ppl promising courses and guaranteed returns.

mastermind007

No reply to my query.

This institute, www.malkansview.com is offering a 18 months program for 7.5 lakhs fee with a money back guarantee. Both trainers are CMT active with ATMA/MTA.

Has anyone here done this program ? Any feedback on them ?
Personally, if I had 7.5 lakh rs to spare away for a course fee, I would go for Online Trading Academy. One thing, they've got right is unlimited refresher courses.

oilman5

Let is be CMT, so what ?

Market does't know CMT / ATMA / MTA. Let is be any qualification, only one field does't require any qualification...other than experience..nobody can teach anything to anyone in this field.. Waste of time..
rightly said,u can contact malkan endorser's number and if possible to meet, may know coughing of that amount for risk/reward is not viable.
.................................................................................

let me give u a tips. In my stint in IIMC, i discuss with socalled Fundguru (in evening bash) -how far truth of making money in Market? Its shear luck. On long term fundamental bias exist , we can which company but not when .IF money comes then they(fii) will pour here -and simple demand supply will make profit for us(early entrant).
...........Media hype is main tool we use.
So called trading skill is concerned we r very poor,disorganised. Max we can apply is Wizards' theory on trading.

so i continue my solo journey on trading , spend a lot from profit to further sharpen my tools. OTA is good.but for option i use cheaper medicine.
infact somebody created a trading course out of materials given to a reputed academy.
one good thing about malkan= honesty & confidence, but now he is in coaching business???he makes SIMPLE & STRUCTURED, understand hammering- trades before u- gives u confidence.But same thing can be done many in traderji itself, as well at many places at much cheaper rate.