Veera's Trading Diary

Raj232

He traded Nifty and Bank Nifty together and some trades with 2 lots.
All most both failed in failure trades and both succeeded in winning trades.
The drawdown is 8.8% and not 3.5%.
As per his backtesting the max drawdown was 2% and max consequetive faliures 5 trades.Not sure if he included transaction costs in the backtesting.
Probably some thing wrong with the backtesting results.
In a move from 10410 to 10700 it just captured 21 points rest all failure.
Better to paper trade for some time and make sure the system is as per his expectations than to further risk not knowing if the system really has possitive expectancy or not.
Market was very choppy in month of May 2018. June was sideways market.. :)

@Veeramuthu JJ : whats your next update / plan of action .. please .. :)

Tuna

Listen and act, don't ask it, it doesn't oblige
** Caution - Unsolcited advice ahead - Feel free to ignore ***

@Veeramuthu JJ : Just looked at the 2 post of yours on page 1, I guess the equity curve of your 6 years trading. Question - what happens when you win? I mean 1 Lakh becomes 1 Lakh 20 k, how you treat that 20k? Do you feel you have some buffer now and increase your risk? Don't have to answer me, just think about this and understanding the issue might help.

Another off topic (but may help) - don't trade with High beta and low Beta scrip together (e.g NF, BNF) , I did NF and Crude together for years - It is really diffcult unless you have a robust mechnical system. Discreationary mindset faces lots of challege . Look for something which is of similar type in the terms of voltality.

@Veeramuthu JJ : Just looked at the 2 post of yours on page 1, I guess the equity curve of your 6 years trading. Question - what happens when you win? I mean 1 Lakh becomes 1 Lakh 20 k, how you treat that 20k? Do you feel you have some buffer now and increase your risk? Don't have to answer me, just think about this and understanding the issue might help.

Another off topic (but may help) - don't trade with High beta and low Beta scrip together (e.g NF, BNF) , I did NF and Crude together for years - It is really diffcult unless you have a robust mechnical system. Discreationary mindset faces lots of challege . Look for something which is of similar type in the terms of voltality.
Tuna sir,

I will ignore that 20 k profit and continue to trade with 1 lakh as capital.

Tuna

Tuna sir,

I will ignore that 20 k profit and continue to trade with 1 lakh as capital.
That’s on paper . All I am asking are you actually able to do so. The pointer is your trade frequency increasing ( taking poor quality entry signal, not enough waiting) or trade size increasing ( bigger nuisance).

If none of the above, round 1 cleared for you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Market was very choppy in month of May 2018. June was sideways market.. :)

@Veeramuthu JJ : whats your next update / plan of action .. please .. :)

Dear Raj,

I was used to put stoploss at bar's high for short trade, bar's low for long trade in 15 min chart.

Here after I will put stoploss at certain distance from entry price like 10 or 15 points.

I discovered one system which consists of multiple indicators. Success rate around 80%.

Risk Reward 1:1

58 points stoploss and 58 points target in nifty only.

15 trades per month.

5 no trade days per month.

positional trading. gap opening included.

I will paper trade the above system for one month and will start real trading after that.

optimization will work or not?

My dad having one system cosists of multiple strategies.

That system will show all market turns double bottom, double top, trend , conter trend everything.

I have an eye on my dad's system too.

Soon i will update my next plan of action.

That’s on paper . All I am asking are you actually able to do so. The pointer is your trade frequency increasing ( taking poor quality entry signal, not enough waiting) or trade size increasing ( bigger nuisance).

If none of the above, round 1 cleared for you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Tuna Sir,

after some profit, trade frequency increasing, taking poor quality entry signal, not enough waiting, trade size increasing, all these things happened before. But now i am a disciplined trader now.

I am following my system 100% accurately.

No flaw in execution. I trade like a machine. problem is with my system only.

Raj232

Dear Raj,

I was used to put stoploss at bar's high for short trade, bar's low for long trade in 15 min chart.

Here after I will put stoploss at certain distance from entry price like 10 or 15 points.

I discovered one system which consists of multiple indicators. Success rate around 80%.

Risk Reward 1:1

58 points stoploss and 58 points target in nifty only.
15 trades per month.
5 no trade days per month.
positional trading. gap opening included.
I will paper trade the above system for one month and will start real trading after that.
optimization will work or not?
My dad having one system cosists of multiple strategies.
That system will show all market turns double bottom, double top, trend , conter trend everything.
I have an eye on my dad's system too.
Soon i will update my next plan of action.
Great to know that you have an improved version.. maybe paper trade for a week and post on this forum, in that way, it would be clear to you and others as well whether it is realistic :)
I have seen most profitable trading systems working in backtest, but as soon as deployed on real market, it doesn't work. not sure why :)

Tuna

Tuna Sir,

after some profit, trade frequency increasing, taking poor quality entry signal, not enough waiting, trade size increasing, all these things happened before. But now i am a disciplined trader now.

Lovely, I would have like to become like you (no sarcasm meant). I ditch my system at times based on my whims, sometime I miss, sometime I hit. So far I am outperforming my own system by 12% CAR. But I still follow my system to the extent possible.

Tuna

Forgot to mention the key thing. So,in spite of becoming a trade machine if you are net negative, time to change at least one of this (With proper backtesting):

1. The system itself
2. The timeframe
3. The scrip or derivative underlying

Raj232

Tuna Sir,

@Veeramuthu JJ have you finally decided to start trading after testing .. or is testing still going on ... ?