VAT and Commodity trade

Dear Commodity Friends

I have the following questions
1. What do you think will be the impact of VAT on commodity trade.
2. Waht is the impact of Tsunami on commodity trade
3. How has the agrl trade shifted / changed after the start of National level multi commodity Exchanges

I would be glad if some one could answer my questions

With regards
Pradeep Unni
Analyst - Commodities

Traderji

Super Moderator
Pradeep Unni said:
Dear Commodity Friends

3. How has the agrl trade shifted / changed after the start of National level multi commodity Exchanges

With regards
Pradeep Unni
Analyst - Commodities
Hello Pradeep,

First of all let me welcome you to Traderji.com

Interesting questions you have asked here. However I do not think we have very many commodities traders in this forum (unless I am wrong).

As you are a commodity analyst, I would appreciate if you could post your comments in the commodities forum.

Thanks.

Dear Traderji

Thankyou for the reply
I have one important question. Can you ask any one of your members to tell their suggestions on the same

1. How has the Indian agricultural trade shifted / changed after the start of National level multi commodity Exchanges

with regards
Pradeep Unni

Pradeep Unni said:
Dear Commodity Friends

With regards
Pradeep Unni
Analyst - Commodities
Dear Pradeep Unni

Ur 1st question: VAT will have its effect on commodity trade only when u desire to take delivery of that particular commodity Eg. VAT on taking delivery of Gold in maharashtra applies for 1% of VAT.

2ND Q: Tsunami will have its effect on commodity price only when such commodity fall in the effected area. For eg. pepper which has its origin in Kochi (Kerala), found the effect of waves, when its growning region got effected by Tsunami.

3rd Q: It has gone miles ahead of Equity market in terms of turnover (3,60,000 cr in commodity as compare to 3,30,000 cr in equity). Now u can see the effect. NCDEX IS THE MAJOR CONTRIBUTOR OF THIS. FOLLOWED MCX.

I would be glad to answer ur query regarding this, if any.

rafay
Commodity Dealer

Last edited:
Pradeep rgarding ur question on how has agriculture trade shifted after the introduction of commodity exchange there are many aspects to it:-
(1) Farmers:-
Farmers have been able to benefit because of this exchange but again not much. If u go to the mandi and ask any farmers does he know abot dabba" NCDEX" i am sure 99% of then will say noo. However they have been able to come out of cluches of traders and besides this their judgement on what to grow for the next season has improved considerably looking at the prices.

(2)Traders:-
"Survival For the fittest" is the buzzword for them. More than 90% of them have incurred losses. Only the best and the intellegent lot has survived.Their motto is ": HATE THE DABBA"

(3) Govt Of India :-
Perhaps another looser. Thier soo called policies and potection has ended. Now market determines the prices not the politicains

(4) For Analysts like u & me
Great yaar!! enjoying it.......... there is lot of demand and less supply....so within next 3 years we find Mr.Pradeep Unni, VP, T. Commodities and me a VP agro commodities somewhere (ishallah)...

By the way pradeep are u coming to Rajkot for castor conference