Using Metastock for sectoral analysis.

Raju

Hi All,

Reasking the same question..
Can anyone tell me how to do sectoral analysis,like which sector is on boom now using metastock EOD charts.

Raju

AW10

This is how I use MS for sector analysis.
1) I have collected all sector indices and NIFTY in one folder. I have collected sector indices from BSE (because they cover more sectors) and NIFTY (because wth 50 stocks in it, it is 66% broder the SENSEX).
2) Open indices chart and plot RELATIVE STRENGTH COMPARATIVE (RSC) indicator (you can pickup this from (Insert -->indicator --> dropdown list).
3) RSC does ask for base index to compare.. so I click on browse button and select NIFTY as base index.

Thats it..
I have Relative strngth of sector vis-a-vis NIFTY in from of me.

You can read more about this indicator from Metastock help. I found drawing Moving Average line / Trendline etc on this quite useful to findout the change in Trend of relative outperformance.

------
Link give by Shishya is also a great one and I used it for sometime. The limitation of this
method is that you will not be able to see the trend /curve. You will get a single % change number but for me that was not sufficient to make any decision.
But understand that article as it explains the basic very clearly.

Who is ready to extend this concept to BSE IT Index and Various IT companies to find out the companies that are beating IT Sector index hands-down ?

Happy Trading.

Raju

Hi ,

Thanks AW10 & Shishya for the information , I will try the same after reading thorugh the site and collecting indices in separate folder.

Thanks ,
Raju