Using METASTOCK 10?

Hi,

I have METASTOCK 10 with some add ons. I have installed it but unable to use it. I have some questions...

1. How do I feed NSE data?
2. I use a software for trading witch is provided by my broker. How do i feed the real time data from that software to metastock.
3. I have some add ons..listed below How to use these.

ACP System
Adaptick Ice 2.01
Adaptive Trading Solutions
Aug2001MAMA
Autotrend for MetaStock 7.x
Bollinger Bands
CandleStick Formula
EnHilbertMSXSetup [custom made]
ERSA - Relative Strength Analyser
Fractal Finance
Gann Square
George Angell-LSS Daytrading System Indicators
Hilbert Cycle TASC
Kwik Pop
MakeMS v1.9 - ASCII-to-MetaStock Data Convertor
Metalib V.3.0 for Metastock
Metaserver 2.0 Pro DDE Version
MetaStock AlphOmega ElliottWaves 5.5
Metastock Data Cleanup Tool v1.2
MetaStock Experts
Metastock System Tester
metastock_walter_bressert_indicator_add-on
Miscellaneous
Murphy Morris - Chart pattern recognition
NIKSAN's MSFormula
Nison's Candlesticks Unleashed
Performance System Plus
Power Pivots Plus
SpyGlass 2.01
StDevBogieMSXSetup [custom made]
Support & Resistance
Tactical Trader Statistical Edge System
Tactical Trader Statistical Edge Trading System
TETRAHEX - Fractal Finance
Thomas Demark Indicator
Thomas Demark [goes in as SETUP - change name to whatever]
Trade Oracle

AW10

Hope I am not wrong in assuming that you are newbee.. Here is my 2 cent worth.. I have been using MS for >1 yr
1) You need to have datafeed to get the data downloaded in MS compatible format.
There are many paid data providers.. (if one is serious about Trading business, then my suggestion is to invest in paid service). There are quite a few free data downloaders availble. You can find the info in other threads of this forum.
2) You may not be able to connect your broker's system to MS without investing in programming. That is too when your broker provides you API to access their system.
Borkers like Interactive Broker / Trade Station etc have this feature.. but I don't think anybody Indian broker is at that stage.
3) Metastock already has very good set of features (200+ indictors), MS system tester, MS experts etc, so I don't think that you will need futher add-ons at the intial stage.
Good and profitable trading need not be complex. More number of features / tools are not going to make any money until unless the user knows how to use them. There are many inbuilt features that meets the requirement of most of the traders so instead of enhacning the toolset, please spend time in learning about how to get the best of current MS installation.

Happy Trading

U

uasish

Hi,

I have METASTOCK 10 with some add ons. I have installed it but unable to use it. I have some questions...

1. How do I feed NSE data?
2. I use a software for trading witch is provided by my broker. How do i feed the real time data from that software to metastock.
3. I have some add ons..listed below How to use these.

ACP System
Adaptick Ice 2.01
Adaptive Trading Solutions
Aug2001MAMA
Autotrend for MetaStock 7.x
Bollinger Bands
CandleStick Formula
EnHilbertMSXSetup [custom made]
ERSA - Relative Strength Analyser
Fractal Finance
Gann Square
George Angell-LSS Daytrading System Indicators
Hilbert Cycle TASC
Kwik Pop
MakeMS v1.9 - ASCII-to-MetaStock Data Convertor
Metalib V.3.0 for Metastock
Metaserver 2.0 Pro DDE Version
MetaStock AlphOmega ElliottWaves 5.5
Metastock Data Cleanup Tool v1.2
MetaStock Experts
Metastock System Tester
metastock_walter_bressert_indicator_add-on
Miscellaneous
Murphy Morris - Chart pattern recognition
NIKSAN's MSFormula
Nison's Candlesticks Unleashed
Performance System Plus
Power Pivots Plus
SpyGlass 2.01
StDevBogieMSXSetup [custom made]
Support & Resistance
Tactical Trader Statistical Edge System
Tactical Trader Statistical Edge Trading System
TETRAHEX - Fractal Finance
Thomas Demark Indicator
Thomas Demark [goes in as SETUP - change name to whatever]
Trade Oracle

I am trading only with MS since long but do not have any Add-On (none so ever discovered in Earth ) except one which ,(it seems) you do not have - Data Feed. :D

D

darsh_goswami

I am trading only with MS since long but do not have any Add-On (none so ever discovered in Earth ) except one which ,(it seems) you do not have - Data Feed. :D
Very True,.

Same here , i also dont have any addon to my MS :(. If anybody can tell me which addon is the best in Metastock , And if its perfect one , i might think to buy one.

Is there anyone who can guide me with Addon help ??

Regards,..
Darsh

bjj9126

Very True,.

Same here , i also dont have any addon to my MS :(. If anybody can tell me which addon is the best in Metastock , And if its perfect one , i might think to buy one.

Is there anyone who can guide me with Addon help ??

Regards,..
Darsh
I also want to know the same..!!:rolleyes:

bjj9126
(Prakash)

Hope I am not wrong in assuming that you are newbee.. Here is my 2 cent worth.. I have been using MS for >1 yr
1) You need to have datafeed to get the data downloaded in MS compatible format.
There are many paid data providers.. (if one is serious about Trading business, then my suggestion is to invest in paid service). There are quite a few free data downloaders availble. You can find the info in other threads of this forum.
2) You may not be able to connect your broker's system to MS without investing in programming. That is too when your broker provides you API to access their system.
Borkers like Interactive Broker / Trade Station etc have this feature.. but I don't think anybody Indian broker is at that stage.
3) Metastock already has very good set of features (200+ indictors), MS system tester, MS experts etc, so I don't think that you will need futher add-ons at the intial stage.
Good and profitable trading need not be complex. More number of features / tools are not going to make any money until unless the user knows how to use them. There are many inbuilt features that meets the requirement of most of the traders so instead of enhacning the toolset, please spend time in learning about how to get the best of current MS installation.

Happy Trading
sir

i do have MS 10 without any add on but i am able get EOD data of NSE only , but i am not able to use the software properly can you suggest online tutorial, books, or video lectures on this issue to make me learn about this trading system , once i am perfect to 10% level then i can think of real time data feed etc , kindly request your suggesstion in this regard

Roops

I had same problem with MS10 few days earlier and also found a bit lengthy but working solution. Follow the steps below--

1. Get "NSEBSE EOD downloader" from www.codeplex.com. It's free, small, easy to use
and accurate. Only you need ".Net framework v2.0" installed to get it working.
2. Create a folder (say 'NSEBhav') at your preffered location.
3. Create another folder (say 'Current') into 'NSEBhav'.
4. Download bhavcopies to 'Current' using "NSEBSE EOD downloader" (Instructions about
how to use it is in the Readme.txt file supplied with the software).
5. Create a folder (say 'NSE_Eq') in MS Data directory (default: C:\MetaStock Data\).
6. Use "MS Downloader" to convert all files in 'Current' and save it to 'NSE_Eq'.
Don't touch the 'Options' button if you don't know what you are doing. The default
settings will do the job for you.
7. Soon after conversion 'Cut (Ctrl + X)' all the files in 'Current' and 'Paste
(Ctrl + V)' them in 'NSEBhav'. This will act as a backup for future use and also
ensure that only the current files are being updated to MS and not all of them
from the beginning. !!REMEMBER!! This conversion takes quite a long time to be
completed. So, less the number of files, less is the time you spend waiting.
Download and convert frequently to get rid of delays.
8. Open MS to view changes. You should see the securities, all updated.

Best of luck.:)

rds

Hi usasish,

I'm trying to decide whether to get Metastock or Amibroker. I am sure there are other threads addressed to the comparison of the two. I've got a few questions on the data part. I'd appreciate it if you could answer these..

1. What are the options for getting paid real-time data? I know of the esignal and quotecenter products that are offered on the metastock site. Are these the only two options?

2. What about historical data. In general, does buying real time data from a provider mean that histrocal data is also included?

3. For someone not too keen on fancy studies, and without much patience for serious programming, would MS still provide enough basic studies?

4. Is viratech the only source for buying the software, or can you buy directly from equis.com. I'm asking this more from the point of view of any future support requirements.

5. Regarding realtime data, is one better than the other, or do they all provide pretty much the same thing. All I need is equities and futures.

I'd appreciate hearing everybody's view on these.

thanks much

Ramesh

hi i have metastock 10. its works well on Win XP but there are problems on vista. it craches as i start the application.

does any body have solution.
regards