Using FCharts

raj_hpking

Thanks LazyTrader.

I have started to read the Thread

Teach A Man To Fish And......... by Saint.

He is a great man. And thanks to u too.

You don't seem to be updating your blog these days. Are we going to see any new articles in the near term?

I do have a couple of question on fcharts usage. I had purchased fcharts a couple of years ago on someones recommendation and found it to be cheaper also. I find there are some really severe limitations in it and was wondering how others worked around it. The fcharts forums doesn't seem to be of much help.

If you can take time out for a couple of question do let me know.

Thanks in advance.
Hello lazytrader,

I wrote more than 100 technical analysis articles for The India Street (www.theindiastreet.com) in 2007 and many readers asked me to discuss finer points specifically related to Indian stock market. I will surely post some interesting topics in near future. Even my last post, "How to trade two day candlestick patterns?" (http://vsundy.blogspot.com/2009/03/how-to-trade-two-day-candlestick.html) was in response to a query from a reader.

FCharts Pro is a "white box" program i.e. it does not tell the user where to buy or sell. What I read from the charts is purely my business. Of course, it can display whether a particular event has occurred for e.g. MACD crossover, rising or falling window etc. The reader has to judge the demand/supply gap from the chart for investment or trading. Some users have found the FCharts formula language to be a little complicated. But this is true for other programs as well.

I don't understand what you mean by "limitations". The Pro version has no limitations or expiry, once it is purchased. If you are looking for FCharts formulae, check out other threads on this form - there are plenty, particularly by rhimadri.

vsundy

Hello lazytrader,

I don't understand what you mean by "limitations". The Pro version has no limitations or expiry, once it is purchased.

vsundy
Thanks for alerting me of this topic, friend Sundy.

Comment to LazyTrader ... It is easy to make public criticisms of other people's work. However, If you did a little hunting around the Charts site (and the Australian based forum that can be accessed from the progam itself) you would realise that the writer of the program has over the last seven years incoorporated many requests from users for new features in the program.

You might even come across some additional literature about how to use it.

lazytrader

Hello lazytrader,

I wrote more than 100 technical analysis articles for The India Street (www.theindiastreet.com) in 2007 and many readers asked me to discuss finer points specifically related to Indian stock market. I will surely post some interesting topics in near future. Even my last post, "How to trade two day candlestick patterns?" (http://vsundy.blogspot.com/2009/03/how-to-trade-two-day-candlestick.html) was in response to a query from a reader.

FCharts Pro is a "white box" program i.e. it does not tell the user where to buy or sell. What I read from the charts is purely my business. Of course, it can display whether a particular event has occurred for e.g. MACD crossover, rising or falling window etc. The reader has to judge the demand/supply gap from the chart for investment or trading. Some users have found the FCharts formula language to be a little complicated. But this is true for other programs as well.

I don't understand what you mean by "limitations". The Pro version has no limitations or expiry, once it is purchased. If you are looking for FCharts formulae, check out other threads on this form - there are plenty, particularly by rhimadri.

vsundy
The Community Manual has to be purchased and I don't want to go through all that trouble again. Transferring money is a big issue. Last time one of my friends spared me the trouble since he wanted to purchase a copy too..

Limitations I meant feature wise. Like I wanted to add additional signals like the 1,2 but there are only 2 sets you can use so if I want a marking for inside day and one for buy sell trigger then I can't add anymore. Also programming wise i think fn like for loop are missing. I wanted to use some of Amibroker scripts but to recode in Fcharts is very difficult. Do you have any suggestions? Or would it be better to switch to some other software?

Please suggest.

The Community Manual has to be purchased and I don't want to go through all that trouble again. Transferring money is a big issue. Last time one of my friends spared me the trouble since he wanted to purchase a copy too..
1. That sounds like you may already have it. If so, I can't identify you with a different user name.
2. The (Indian) transfer money issue seems to have been eliminated. Recent enquiries have had no problems.

Limitations I meant feature wise. Like I wanted to add additional signals like the 1,2 but there are only 2 sets you can use so if I want a marking for inside day and one for buy sell trigger then I can't add anymore.
The author gets requests for additional features from all over the world. Contact him.

Also programming wise i think fn like for loop are missing. I wanted to use some of Amibroker scripts but to recode in Fcharts is very difficult. Do you have any suggestions? Or would it be better to switch to some other software?

Please suggest.
I don't know what you mean by 'fn like for loop'.

Only one suggestion for you ... ... Amibroker scripts could well need re-coding. Not being familiar with them, I can't comment. However, some Metastock users make requests for coding 'translations as some users are familiar wih both programs.

Other software? That is your call.

raj_hpking

Hello Sir,

Where can i get all the information regarding F-Chart.
I did google but not ended my search with valid solution.
Still looking for good site where i can get info about F-Chart, how to use it from basic to advance.

Thanks,
Raj

Hello Sir,

Where can i get all the information regarding F-Chart.
I did google but not ended my search with valid solution.
Still looking for good site where i can get info about F-Chart, how to use it from basic to advance.

Thanks,
Raj
Your search was fruitless (not surprising).

It appears that Traderji forum members (and the moderator of this F-Chart forum) seem to miss-use the spelling of the program's name - which is FCharts, with FCharts2 on the drawing board.

There is an option to to see the chart in fchart. Just right click on the chart & got chart. You can get option to see chart in bar or candlestick .......