User reputation system is becoming subject of personal graviances?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The user reputation system was a result of requests by many members of this forum.
Exactly Traderji sir,

The system is excellent. Anybody can get positive or negative reputations. I have also given negative reputation comments to others. But with the valid reasons...where it was felt that the person was spamming etc.

In the past I had received negative comments. I felt that was correct.
But when I was getting negative comments without valid reasons...i posted this thread.....I must say within a week i received five negative comments...

This reputation system is required in the forum. But needs to be used with proper justifications.

regards
dev mookerji

rkkarnani

Thanks for this negative comments again Hariomkar

User reputation system... 10th October 2007 12:05 AM lol

dev
I think no one can comment repeatedly on a members Reputation (for or against a member)
He has to have a long gap before commenting on your reputation. So it has to be someone other than a person who has already commented on your reputation.
Traderji can confirm what i am trying to say or one can try to post a reputation comment to the same member and will know the result.

Traderji

Super Moderator
I think no one can comment repeatedly on a members Reputation (for or against a member)
He has to have a long gap before commenting on your reputation. So it has to be someone other than a person who has already commented on your reputation.
Traderji can confirm what i am trying to say or one can try to post a reputation comment to the same member and will know the result.
That is correct!

renu daga

hi
dev
are u happy now,,
now see when u got 5 all at once u took so delightly,,, similarly when u get 5 negative also dont getfrustated ITS LIFE . even in our family we face such matters . no matter we do right but we get negative remarks, and we cant oppose also so much , similarly continue ur good and effort work , everyone knows how are u . with few negative does not show hinder ur repuatation at all
see with this begining of ur thread u got so many pos replies what more u want????
ONE AND LAST WORD,,,,,,,,forgetthis dirty task going all around u,,,,this if not done properly does not measure ur ability

renu

pkjha30

Hi

Members participate in the forum of their own freewill. I think they are mature enough to agree or disagree with a perticular post/viewpoints in the post.Being a mature and intelligent persons, we all agree to disagree without verbal abuse.

In reputation system one is judging other members that give us tremendous responsibility to give proper comments instead of using abusive language. One is free to post positive or negative comments but not the abusive comments else what is the difference between uncultured uncouth person and educated intelligent person , who we suppose we are.

We also must understand the difference between giving good negative comments and bad positive comments.

reputation system will remain self regulated system and the success of it will depend on how best we use it to enhance the quality of forum posting and encourage members to maintain quality of posts.

pankaj :)

biyasc

Hi

Members participate in the forum of their own freewill. I think they are mature enough to agree or disagree with a perticular post/viewpoints in the post.Being a mature and intelligent persons, we all agree to disagree without verbal abuse.

In reputation system one is judging other members that give us tremendous responsibility to give proper comments instead of using abusive language. One is free to post positive or negative comments but not the abusive comments else what is the difference between uncultured uncouth person and educated intelligent person , who we suppose we are.

We also must understand the difference between giving good negative comments and bad positive comments.

reputation system will remain self regulated system and the success of it will depend on how best we use it to enhance the quality of forum posting and encourage members to maintain quality of posts.

pankaj :)
I FULLY AGREE WITH YOU. ONE CAN GIVE A NEGATIVE REPUTAION DEPENDING ON THE SITUATION/S. BUT USING ABUSIVE LANGUAGE WITH NEGATIVE REPUTAION? VERY BAD & SAD ALSO.

rkkarnani

hi
dev
are u happy now,,
now see when u got 5 all at once u took so delightly,,, similarly when u get 5 negative also dont getfrustated ITS LIFE . even in our family we face such matters . no matter we do right but we get negative remarks, and we cant oppose also so much , similarly continue ur good and effort work , everyone knows how are u . with few negative does not show hinder ur repuatation at all
see with this begining of ur thread u got so many pos replies what more u want????
ONE AND LAST WORD,,,,,,,,forgetthis dirty task going all around u,,,,this if not done properly does not measure ur ability

renu

Very well said Renuji, as I read somewhere, " No one can make you feel inferior unless you allow him too!!!

A

amarnath

Exactly Traderji sir,

The system is excellent. Anybody can get positive or negative reputations. I have also given negative reputation comments to others. But with the valid reasons...where it was felt that the person was spamming etc.

In the past I had received negative comments. I felt that was correct.
But when I was getting negative comments without valid reasons...i posted this thread.....I must say within a week i received five negative comments...

This reputation system is required in the forum. But needs to be used with proper justifications.

regards
dev mookerji
For every buyer there's a seller like that what ever that appears to be very correct in your perception may be very bad to some one , dont make some comment just based on your sole way of thinking and world is more big enough than you think

Status
Not open for further replies.