Use Of Astrology In Trading

U

uasish

OK accpeted that Astrology is also some sort of applied science.
Tell me when we saw Patriot or Scud at CNN live in Iraq war it was almost like Ramayana live ..........one Mighty Arrow destroyed mid-air by another Mighty Arrow.The accuracy was excellent ,launched from a rolling sea vessel the Exactness of science bewilders us.

Why cant that Nation make more than 58 % accurate weather forecast,when the science of weather ; formation of cloud,humidity etc. all known to us.

The right side of chart if can be known accurately by any exact science or applied science or vodoo then it can be used my friend not to earn in million but trillion or zillions.

Last edited by a moderator:
hello friends,
astrology is my hobby. I am studying astrology,numerology and their effects on markets. here is one interesting observation i have made using numerology on dow jones.
Dow jones had made a significant bottom of around 7200 on date 10/10/2002. the total of all the number is 1+1+2+2 = 6. also note date is 1+0 = 1 and year is 2+0+0+2 = 4. number 1 is for sun and 4 is for uranus. In numerology number 1 and 4 are interchangeable i.e number 1 and 4 are very deep relation with one another ( same way number 2 and 7 are interchangeable).
now look current situation, this year is 2+0+0+8 = 1+0 = 1. current month is october (1+0 = 1) and dow jones is falling same way. on friday it was 10/10/2008 (1+1+2+8 = 1+2 = 3) and dow jones was showing signs of bottoming out.
so has dow jones bottomed out. may be or may be not. but if dow has to test previous bottom of 7200. then it may take another few days. so most probable date is 22/10/2008 (2+2+1+0+2+8 =1+5= 6). this date match with number 6 is coming for both current and previous bottom dates and it also matches on my assumption that when year total was 4, bottom was made on 1. so now year total is 1, bottom might be made on date whose total is 4 (13,22 or 31 but most probable is 22).
so friends, dow might have bottomed out or will bottomed out on 22. this is my observation.
plz remember i might prove wrong. so just take this as an observation. I welcome suggestions of senior members. and plz forgive my poor english
regards
nilaish

C

Czar

OK accpeted that Astrology is also some sort of applied science.
Tell me when we saw Patriot or Scud at CNN live in Iraq war it was almost like Ramayana live ..........one Mighty Arrow destroyed mid-air by another Mighty Arrow.The accuracy was excellent ,launched from a rolling sea vessel the Exactness of science bewilders us.

Why cant that Nation make more than 58 % accurate weather forecast,when the science of weather ; formation of cloud,humidity etc. all known to us.

The right side of chart if can be known accurately by any exact science or applied science or vodoo then it can be used my friend not to earn in million but trillion or zillions.
The Scud missiles scene was shot in the Studio of White house so that USA could sell more of the Anti Scud to other countries... It was a promotion video, showing if you dont buy this, you are going to be the next target :D:D

Hi all,

Sorry for jumping in between the discussion, I have respect for both, who believe astrology and those who don't. Actually this is a individual concept. If you follow astrology, you programe your mind according the what result you got from that study.

For me, personally I dont believe in astrology. What i believe is finding the cause, study the success or failure of your each and every trade, minutely. Actully what happend, when we get profit, we take credit of our own and for lossess, we have a back door called Luck.

I suffered continuous losses for a period longer then a year and with the hope that this time i will cover some of them and will start getting profits, but all in vain. I stopped trading for 3 months, joind technical classes and studied ins and outs of trading. Made some experts for the systems which i learned in the class, some indicators of my own and found a good intelegent friend for support, and collectively made some rules to follow and we discuss the trade before taking. Mainly we discuss the REASON to enter or exit the trade. We stop each other to control emotions, fear and greed.

and.............start getting profits day by day and by day. What we found was "What was missing" in case of loss.......certainly not astrology, but discipline......strict discipline and it works......no back door. First time in my trading history, i acknowedged myself for my success.

With apology to ppl who believe in Astrology.....I am not against it, but I do not believe.

Thank you for listening me.
-Vijay Arora
highintegrity@g m a i l d o t c o m

Last edited:
I am trying to design a strategy by examining a great number of seemingly unrelated factors. This could be applied to trading systems, but it is not limited to them.

I make (automated) tests against thousands of different factors (about 300.000 factors). Actually I am using the Astrodatabank Software. I came up with about 1000 factors, each one of them giving very descent signals. The combination of all 1000 factors gives great results.

Now suppose I only have 6 months worth of data. I use 5 months worth of data to design the strategy (and come up with the 1000 factors). As I said, the results look great (on paper). Then I try to verify the strategy on the 1 month of data. Disaster! It looks like the strategy is designed to LOOSE.

What steps should I take?

Obviously I have fallen in the curve-fitting trap. But how do I get out of it?

After reading on optimizing automated trading systems, one advice is to try to examine the big losses. Why something did not work. Obviously I cannot apply this here.

One idea is to test individually each one of those factors against the 1 month data. IF they are profitable there (I see consistent results), THEN I can pick this factor as a profitable one. So I may come up with 300-600 factors. And then, their combination will be my system.

Any ideas guys?

PS: I used to trade in the past and have much experience. I am new to astrology though. But I am a strong believer. I have a friend who is an excellent astrologer. I have seen this guy make medical diagnosis to people he never met, just from their birth data. So there must be a way to beat the market.

columbus

I am trying to design a strategy by examining a great number of seemingly unrelated factors. This could be applied to trading systems, but it is not limited to them.

I make (automated) tests against thousands of different factors (about 300.000 factors). Actually I am using the Astrodatabank Software. I came up with about 1000 factors, each one of them giving very descent signals. The combination of all 1000 factors gives great results.

Now suppose I only have 6 months worth of data. I use 5 months worth of data to design the strategy (and come up with the 1000 factors). As I said, the results look great (on paper). Then I try to verify the strategy on the 1 month of data. Disaster! It looks like the strategy is designed to LOOSE.

What steps should I take?

Obviously I have fallen in the curve-fitting trap. But how do I get out of it?

After reading on optimizing automated trading systems, one advice is to try to examine the big losses. Why something did not work. Obviously I cannot apply this here.

One idea is to test individually each one of those factors against the 1 month data. IF they are profitable there (I see consistent results), THEN I can pick this factor as a profitable one. So I may come up with 300-600 factors. And then, their combination will be my system.

Any ideas guys?

PS: I used to trade in the past and have much experience. I am new to astrology though. But I am a strong believer. I have a friend who is an excellent astrologer. I have seen this guy make medical diagnosis to people he never met, just from their birth data. So there must be a way to beat the market.
.........to many chefs spoil the dish .................

.........to many chefs spoil the dish .................
I know. Keep things simple. The problem is that I cannot decide on the usefulness of the factors. My analysis is my only tool. ALL of them looked good. So I need another way to evaluate them and sort them out.

some forcast

a)20 oct 08 (sun leaves mer)- start of intermediate up trend

b)10 dec 08 (jup -sat 5/9 ends) - new low will form and start of up treand

c)8 feb 09 to 13 feb 09 (mar-mer sun -jup conj.) - slight market fall (similar to 18 dec 07)

d)30 apr 09 (jup -sat7/7 starts)-start of another down fall

thanks

p r srivastav

Last edited: