Use Of Astrology In Trading

A

amarnath

prsrivastav said:
hello Amarnath sir,
Thanks for complement
I have read your artical on learning cycle of a trader.very nice article.I find my self at the begning of second cycle ie "Conscious Incompetence".Now i am in a search of a proven system which can give profit.And in the way of searching,biorhythms is one of the milestone (just like different indicators).I have lost much in day trading and gained very less.After knowing about biorhythms,i analysed my trade for previous 3 month and i found out i have got major losses during the bottom 7 days and gained during top 5 days of these cycle.This statics leads to beleive me in such things.I think this will not work for long term trader and also for who dont beleive it.It may work for day traders.
I want feed back from day traders,pl make an analysis for past 3 months.If it working then we all use it,If it is not working we will discard it.

Waiting for compliments
prs
Your point surprise me really a lot my friend.

why bio rhythms dont work for long term trader is there is any source stated that biorhythms are short term decision making tool ? And can you elaborate why its unreliable for long term trading

If you like to hear my advice - stick to a system based on prefect maths like mech trading systems with +ve expetency :)

vince

Frankly I do not know a thing about astrology and all this talk of using astrology to trade is way over my head. Give me a good ol candle chart a few technical indicator and I will trade any thing under the sun.

vince said:
Frankly I do not know a thing about astrology and all this talk of using astrology to trade is way over my head. Give me a good ol candle chart a few technical indicator and I will trade any thing under the sun.
I totally agree with Vince,when one gets great success thru using techs who needs astrology?Anyway to each his own I suppose.........

Phoenix:cool:

Dear amarnath sir,
Why i am thinking for biorhythm will not work for long term investor is its similar cycle pattern.ie it repeats after 33 days.For long term investor,prediction based upon jupiter & sun will be useful.
If you dont mind,can you pl send me your date of birth,place of birth,and time of birth.Give me a chance to predict your financial position.
thanks
prsrivastav

I thought prsrivastav mentioned Bio-rythm in his post but titled his post as Astrology. As far as I know from what little knowledge I have gathered over the last 30+ years is that Bio-rythm is far removed from Astrology. The former has to do with the rythmic biological (wholly internal & medical) cycles of the human body (self-explained name) & the latter has to do with the confluence/conjunction of planets at the time of one's birth & their influence on one's life. So pray, where is the connection & what is all the hullabaloo about?;)

Correct me someone please, if I am wrong.:cool:

jaideep said:
I thought prsrivastav mentioned Bio-rythm in his post but titled his post as Astrology. As far as I know from what little knowledge I have gathered over the last 30+ years is that Bio-rythm is far removed from Astrology. The former has to do with the rythmic biological (wholly internal & medical) cycles of the human body (self-explained name) & the latter has to do with the confluence/conjunction of planets at the time of one's birth & their influence on one's life. So pray, where is the connection & what is all the hullabaloo about?;)

Correct me someone please, if I am wrong.:cool:
Jaideep, those who follow astrology know that Mercury is the ruler of one's intellect, Uranus the ruler of one's intuition and moon controls the emotion of people. And Bio-rhythm is about the rise and ebb of these. In that sense these two are related.

To all those astrology bashers, here is what JP Morgan said, the founder of JP Morgan company "Millionaire's don't use Astrology, Billionaires do"

Astrology in trading is an esoteric subject. The more the number of people who bash it, the more reliable it becomes. Cause in the market money flows from Majority to minority. Having said that, astrology cannot be applied to markets the same way as it is applied to people. If anybody who has never traded before comes to me and tells me that he is going to make money in the financial markets, then I will give them a fair chance of 25% that they will succeed at some point. However if an astrologer tells me the same, then my fair chance rate drops rapidly to below 5%. The reason is that I know very well from experience that most traditional astrological knowledge cannot be applied towards the financial markets. Also most professional consulting astrologers have an ego issue. That means that they try too hard to be right about the financial markets (so that they can prove to their friends that astrology is working), and this necessity to be right just works opposite to their purpose of making money. That means they will hold on to a losing position too long (because they want to be right), while somebody that just trades on his ideas or guts is naturally quicker to recognize when he/she is wrong. Cutting losses (at a predefined point) is the most important rule of successful investing or trading. Another disadvantage most astrologers have is they do not know the financial markets well enough. Clients are usually friendlier than the financial markets and are more willing to forgive a small mistake.;)

My Sun sign is Virgo. But since Virgo is the 6th sign then I might also say I am a 6. What's your sign? Well people do not like to think of themselves as numbers:D However for the purposes of financial astrology such thinking is fine.

If a trader gets to learn astrology and approaches the subject with a neutral and open attitude, he has a good chance of improving his returns significantly. All technical analysis is based on numbers. Numbers that are derived from past price or volume. Technical analysis is completely based on the past. It cannot be based on the future. Financial astrology derives its data from the positions of the planets in the different signs. Such positions can be calculated years in advance. That means financial astrology works with numbers of the future while technical analysis works with numbers of the past.

Ok, Ok! Enough sermon for the day.

sh50

That was a cool one, cooldude.

I agree with the moon and emotions bit. People who are born on full moon nights have extreme mood swings. Dunno about others.

Somebody told me that just as genuine analysts are few, genuine astrologers are one in a million. They are more an exception than the rule. That is another problem. There is no qualification also so how is one to judge?

cooldude said:
Jaideep, those who follow astrology know ......

....Ok, Ok! Enough sermon for the day.
That indeed was a cool sermon cooldude & as hot a rebuff as had ever come my way. Unabashedly I admit that I deserve more from you on the subject of Astrology. One's never too old to learn, isn't it? So's the case here. I just made an off-the-cuff remark disconnecting Astrology & Bio-rhythm & got a well-deserved mouthful from you.:eek:

Am very impressed with your post & knowledge imparted therein to all of us in this forum. Would like to mention though that I never implied anywhere in my previous post that I was an Astrology disbeliever, let alone an Astrology basher. I am admittedly a believer too in the way my life is dictated by the movement of the stars & planets, albeit a bit cautiously & skeptically.:)

No apologies here but only salutations. Give us more on the subject of Astrology. Interesting & captivating, to say the least.