USB based internet - for dummies.

I intend spending at least a week per month in Delhi during the coming months.

I will be using the dongle everywhere and expect it to be the normal internet. I plan on giving up the cable based broadband.
If you intend to use it regularly in Surat and in other places like Delhi, then better go for Tata or MTS. Both has good connectivity, here in Delhi. (I have used both) Cost wise economical, no roaming, long duration plans are the merits.

You can go for wi-fi version also, if you like.

If you intend to use it regularly in Surat and in other places like Delhi, then better go for Tata or MTS. Both has good connectivity, here in Delhi. (I have used both) Cost wise economical, no roaming, long duration plans are the merits.

You can go for wi-fi version also, if you like.
Nowadays everyone is promoting wi-fi and 3g and all that. What are the dangers of using wi-fi connection ?

Nowadays everyone is promoting wi-fi and 3g and all that. What are the dangers of using wi-fi connection ?
wifi connections are very useful provided you take basic precautions.
You can use upto 4-5 gadgets at a time and anywhere in your house.
But you must take due diligence and must protect it with a strong password.
Secondly, wifi connections are electricity connected, while normal dongles are not.

NJ23

Are they still selling it? I enquired about it a few weeks back, but the lady didn't know anything about the 1x product.

for someone who is transitioning from a wired connection to wi-fi, you'd be disappointed with speed that you actually get.

Be prepared for it.
Thanks. But I am ok with average speed, as long as it is a stable connection. With broadband, with my ISP in my area, the connection drops 2-3 times a session, even if for a few minutes (needing only reboot of the modem). That disturbs me a lot.

comm4300

How much data do you guys use ? I have been using a borrowed Reliance Netconnet 3 since 1 week and have so far used about 2GB since March 1. There were 4 trading days.
2GB in 1 week? that's a lot.

Trading terminal and charting shouldn't take that much data.

probably you watch youtube videos or download via torrent.

i have a 5GB UL plan costing me 834/- with tax. Speed ok. Data limit runs out almost a week before month cycle ends. Post limit, the speed gets pathetic - like you never want to surf the internet. Higher data plans are costly.

But, no roaming and almost all India coverage. Tata Photon.

2GB in 1 week? that's a lot.

Trading terminal and charting shouldn't take that much data.

probably you watch youtube videos or download via torrent.

i have a 5GB UL plan costing me 834/- with tax. Speed ok. Data limit runs out almost a week before month cycle ends. Post limit, the speed gets pathetic - like you never want to surf the internet. Higher data plans are costly.

But, no roaming and almost all India coverage. Tata Photon.
Hi Tarush

Are you using Tataphoton
Then IMO, there are better option then this, not only in terms of solution of last week problem, but price and validity also. Visit Tataphoton website and look for 90/180/365 plans

BTW, which variant you are using, I mean plus, max or max wifi.