USB based internet - for dummies.

VJAY

Is 2g speed enough????
Which terminal you are using NOW, NEST, Sharekhan.....
NSET...though only 2 scrips in my market watch NIfty & banknifty....its okey for me though some time see some hitchacks... i think its not due to net issues

i dont know much about it, from their site -
"Photon Plus 15 GB Plan @ Rs 2501
15 GB internet data usage. Data Validity: 180 days
Roam free across India at no extra cost
This tariff voucher is valid as first recharge only. Regular market offers apply thereafter."

Is this what you meant? In normal recharges i only see monthly and no mention of carry forward

Yes, its only for sudden backup without browsing. Main line is mtnl which is generally reliable.
Otherwise, 25gb @ 2500 for six months = 4+gb per month with carry forward - this seems decent enough compared to others for basic regular browsing without heavy downloads. I didnt find this plan on site though.

Make sure whatever backup you use does not go down when there is no power.
Very strange, might be they are not providing this plan in your circle
In my circle I am getting these 2 plans, for Tataphoton plus
MRP (Rs.) Speed upto(Mbps) Data Validity (Days)
2501 - 3.1 - 15 GB - 180
5000 - 3.1 - 32 GB - 365

I was looking over the photon website and saw that 10GB @Rs. 300 sounds very good. The problem of course is the validity of 30 days, so you have to recharge every 30 days. But that 10GB at Rs. 300 can even eliminate the need for a broadband connection :)

Link

TracerBullet

Very strange, might be they are not providing this plan in your circle
In my circle I am getting these 2 plans, for Tataphoton plus
MRP (Rs.) Speed upto(Mbps) Data Validity (Days)
2501 - 3.1 - 15 GB - 180
5000 - 3.1 - 32 GB - 365
yes i see it now, it only shows up for one of the device. Still its 15Gb and not 25gb

I was looking over the photon website and saw that 10GB @Rs. 300 sounds very good. The problem of course is the validity of 30 days, so you have to recharge every 30 days. But that 10GB at Rs. 300 can even eliminate the need for a broadband connection :)

Link

Yes, that is pretty good. I dont see it, i see 6gb @ 350 - god knows what logic telecom companies use. Everything is made unnecessarily complicated - all sorts of recharge plans, call plans , data plans

yes i see it now, it only shows up for one of the device. Still its 15Gb and not 25gb

Yes, that is pretty good. I dont see it, i see 6gb @ 350 - god knows what logic telecom companies use. Everything is made unnecessarily complicated - all sorts of recharge plans, call plans , data plans
Yes, 15GB it is. There must be different tax rates in different states. Which state are you in ? I am in Gujarat.

There are two options - 300/30 days and 350/30 days - both 10GB for Gujarat. Even at 6GB it is an attractive option as compared to 15GB / 6 months.

TracerBullet

Yes, 15GB it is. There must be different tax rates in different states. Which state are you in ? I am in Gujarat.

There are two options - 300/30 days and 350/30 days - both 10GB for Gujarat. Even at 6GB it is an attractive option as compared to 15GB / 6 months.
I am in Mumbai. 10 GB is better but ofc 6GB is good enough too and i can consider it if needed. Both cheaper that 6 months plan and should be good enough for regular stuff. For the price, it may even compete with wired networks perhaps, so certainly good.
Did you see anyone else with similar packages at this price? All vodafone stuff i saw was crap.

But neither is enough for my needs these days. mtnl is ~800 unlimited @ 1/1.5mbps. Can easily do 100GB. Hopefully Reliance Jio wont disappoint

Edit - just verify it with them too that its not first time offer. Here it says "This tariff voucher is valid as first recharge only. Regular market offers apply thereafter" ...

Just check it with any data shop (may not buy the connection from there, if going for online buy) about the data plan.
IMO the data plan of 10 GB in 300 is for new customers, who also buy their datacard, for the first time only and not for renewal and for existing customers.
Check this out if going for tataphoton, after seeing this plan.

NJ23

Link

That 300/10GB plan is for the first month only. After that you'd have to shell out somewhere near 1000 I guess for 10 GB. Use this page instead:

http://www.tatadocomo.com/photon-devices.aspx

I find Photon Whiz to be perfect if you're not surfing/downloading alongside the running trading terminal. The speed is 156 KBPS which is fine for running terminal with not more than 10 scripts in the MW. There are ZERO disconnections throughout the day. Waiting for Jio.